The Way You Move Is Like A Full On Rainstorm

Do you know how hard it is to be in love with one of your best friends?

If you don't, let me explain the feeling to you.

So imagine a feeling of happiness, mixed with desire, a sprinkle of calmness and a ton of anxiety. You'll eventually begin to freak out because you have never loved anyone this way. I mean, you've always loved them as your best friend, but never expected to be in love with them. Butterflies, the good kind of butterflies, will attack your stomach, while a Cheshire cat grin stretches across your face. You can't help but try to impress them with everything you do. You want them to look at you at all times, or at least notice you. But the only time you don't want them to be watching you, is when you do something stupid. You always think of ways to get them to talk to you every time you see them.

Overall, it's just an euphoric feeling.

Now imagine a box, and imagine shoving the happiness, desire, calmness and anxiety into the box. Then imagine taking the box, taping it shut multiple times, taking it down to your basement and then shoving it away to try to forget about it.

But you can't forget about it. Because every time you see her, the feelings from the box come back, and the feelings are slowly coming out of the box, but they can't, because it would ruin everything.

I hope none of you guys relate, because it sucks.

It sucks that every time you look at them, you have to suppress the excited feeling you get every time they're around. You have to suppress anything and everything you feel for them. You have to if you want to remain friends with them. You have to pretend that you only want to be friends.

Now matter how much it hurts you.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Lily Germaine was the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.

Her hair was dark and her skin was pale, a lot paler than her brother was. Her eyes were a beautiful dark brown, and I could stare at them for hours. I almost did one time too, but Peter had snapped me out of it, saying if I didn't stop being creepy, he'd punch me.

Of course, I didn't mean to be creepy. I just...don't you stare when you see something beautiful?

I felt someone smack my helmet off my head. Since it caught me off guard, I ended up loosing my balance and falling. I looked up and saw Peter standing above me, glaring at me. I sighed, and stood up, holding onto Peter for support.

"I've told you to stop staring at her," Peter said, glaring at me.

"I'm sorry, Peter." I said, a love sick expression on my face as I watched Lily skate with Sofi.

I went back to staring at her, when Coach's voice caught my attention.

"Morrow." Coach called. "Hang back."

I gave Lily one last look, before I skated over to Coach. Before I could even say anything, Coach started talking.

"I got to cut you." Coach said to me. "You work hard. Your good. But your not good enough."

My heart stopped. I watched with wide eyes as he skated off. I didn't even bother to listen to Mom and Coach—or just T, I guess. I looked over at Lily, who was standing with Peter. Her brows were furrowed, and she looked even prettier when she was confused.

She skated up to me, briefly looking behind me at T and my Mom.

"What was that about?" She asked.

I felt my cheeks redden. I didn't want to have to tell Lily, the girl I was in love with, that I was cut.

"I, uh," I stuttered. "He, um, he cut me."

Lily's face dropped, and she looked at T again. "That's stupid. What did you get cut for?"

I shrugged. "He said that I wasn't good enough."

Lily scoffed. "That's stupid. You're not good enough all of the sudden? Maybe Coach T should take a hockey stuck up his—"

"Lily!"

We turned and saw her Mom, Allison Germaine, standing on the sidelines, a small smile on her face. Lily turned back to me, and said, "Well, I have to go. But I'll call you later tonight." She glanced behind her again, then faced me again and said, "If Peter doesn't eavesdrop this time."

I gave her a smile, and deflated when she skated off.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Lily Germaine was the only person on the Ducks who would talk to me.

She also was the only one who didn't laugh when I was talking about the team I had started. I was beginning to give up hope, and sit down and accept the ridicule I was going to get for the rest of my life, when I saw someone speak up.

"I'm in!" Lauren Gibby said. "I've never played hockey. But I think I've got an inner rage that needs an outlet."

"Thank you Lauren." I exclaimed.

"I have nun-chucks." She said, with a wide smile.

"Don't bring those to practice." I said.

"I get it." A pretty girl, Maya Kasper, I think, stood up. "I always feel like I'm hanging on. Its exhausting constantly being nervous, trying to fit in with this group. So I wanna join you. I mean can I? Is that Okay?"

"Very okay, bye." said a snotty blonde girl.

"Hey, Sam!" I called. "I dare you to join our hockey team."

The dark skinned boy gave me a smiling.

"Somebody dare's you to do something," Sam started. "You got to do it. I'm there."

Ruby stood up, and I didn't even bother listening to her, because I knew it was all mean. Koob caught the bottle and stood up, catching everyone off guard.

"That's not cool. What you said has moved me. I will be your wall." Koob said.

"Thank you Koob13." I said, nodding at him.

Then, making me more in love with her, Lily stood up. "I'll join."

"Germaine, what's your problem? What are you doing?"

Lily rolled her eyes and said. "I'm tired of just being a last name. A trophy. A show off. Just because my parents are Guy Germaine and Allison Moreau, doesn't mean that's all I have to be. So, I'm in Evan." She then pulled Peter up too. "And so is Peter."

Peter looked at his sister with wide eyes. "What? No, no, no. I never said—"

Lily ignored them, and dragged them over to my table. She the walked over to another table where a kid I had never seen before was sitting.

"So will my new friend."

"What? Lily—"

She ignored him as well, and sat him next to Peter.

I stepped down, and gave her a hug, and I could hear Peter scoffing behind us.

"I'm telling Mom." He grumbled.