"Cause I knew you'd be loud about it!" Y/N said. "like you're being right now"

"How can I be quiet?!" Ava continued. "you basically have a career now! I'm so proud of you baby bro! And I have to thank Seth later too. His snooping ass finally did something useful"

"Come on sis, that's just mean" Y/N laughed. "even though it's true"

Both siblings continued talking back and forth about school and work, till Y/N asked a question.

"What if... They see it?"

He heard a breath from the other end.

"It doesn't matter if they do" Ava said. "They can't hurt you anymore and they definitely have no right to butt into your life or mine"

To those wondering,Y/N and Ava were speaking of their parents,who weren't supportive in any way. Quite the contrary,they always found a way to talk down on their two kids, sometimes even resorting to physical abuse,but only on rare occasions because they knew that was punishable by law. There was never a day that went by in their house where their mother or father or both wouldn't snap at them or pick on them. They were judgmental,never listened to the either of the kids and simply believed providing food,clothes and shelter made them ideal parents. Y/N and Ava had been restricted from multiple things as kids, including friendships.

Being the older sibling, Ava had gotten enough from her job,she got a house and moved herself and her little brother out of there, moving from Detroit to Gladwin and hopefully far enough from their toxicity.

"Okay,thanks sis" Y/N sighed.

"Cone on, don't get all down because of them" Ava said. "You're basically a star now, embrace it!"

"You can never let me be upset,can you?" Y/N laughed.

"Not even for a second, dumbass" Ava said. "now,I gotta go... But you better keep me updated!"

"Yes,ma'am" the 18 year old rolled his eyes.

Y/N got off the phone with his sister and immediately saw a notification; a text from Joyner.

Joyner Lucas

Yo,Y/N!

Big bro, what's up?

Your new song is absolute fire,man!

Thanks,man. Once again,it means a lot coming from you.

No problem,man. I should've told you this yesterday,but I wanna fly you out to LA for like five weeks?

Are you fucking serious?!

Yeah,man! The flight's in about two weeks and you can bring someone along.

Awesome! I'll bring my best friend, he's also my producer.

Your producer huh? Even better.

Yeah, we'll go!

Cool, better start packing,kid.

Thanks a lot, man!

______________________________

Y/N burst out of his room and almost tripped on his own feet as he headed to the living room. 

"Dude,calm down!" Seth laughed as he sat with his laptop. "you seen a ghost or something?"

"Do you wanna go to Los Angeles?" Y/N asked.

"What?" Seth furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do. You. Want. To. Go to. Los. Angeles?" Y/N asked slowly.

"Stop with the dramatic pauses" Seth said. "Yeah, I'd love to if I could. Why?"

Y/N shoved his phone in Seth's face. The boy sporting a buzz cut read the texts and his eyes widened.

"No way... No way!" Seth yelled.

"You wanna go or not?!" Y/N asked.

"Let me thin- YES, BITCH!" Seth laughed. "Y/N, you sack of tits!! You're going to LA!"

"No,dickhead" Y/N rolled his eyes. "We are!"

______________________________