⸢ 33 ⸥

Cariell was left alone in the living room,he gazed around and saw that the place was cleaned properly. Even a tiny piece of dust couldn't be seen.

There was a big glass window which was closed,a curtain with a color of royal blue and the hem had gold linings. A vase was put between the window,as for the size he could only guess it by looking that it could reach his waist. In front of him was a wall with a landscape painting. In the painting,it was raining with pink petals that came from the trees.

It should be what they called 'cherry blossom'. The tree that could only grow in a cold environment.

Cariell removed his gaze on the painting to look at the door when he heard a knock and after a while the 'someone' that was told to get his food was walking towards him. She was carrying a tray that had two teacups and a teapot. The toast with strawberry jam he requested was also there,a four piece of strawberry jam sandwich.

The woman bent down to put the tray on the table,after that she then stood straight again and walked to leave the room.

And again,he was left alone. Well at least unlike before no one will bother him while he was eating thus he picked the jam sandwich and bit it then chewed it. The sweetness of the strawberry jam spread inside his mouth combined with the toast tender and fluffiness the taste was better than he thought.

Slowly finishing the first sandwich,he swallowed the last mouthful of it then picked up the teacup and drank a little to moisten his throat. In the living room the only sounds that could be heard were the chewing,swallowing and sipping sound. You could also add the clatter sound whenever Cariell put down the teacup.

Moments passed and all the sandwiches were inside Cariell's stomach. The tea on the teapot was also reduced in half. He covered his mouth and a burp sound was heard and as if the servant outside heard him the door also opened,followed by the one who sent him the food the two walked towards him.

The 'someone' quickly cleaned the table then hurriedly fled. You could only see a flash of white in your eyes until there was only dust left.

The servant fakes a cough to remove the sudden awkward atmosphere.

Her eyes bent like a crescent moon shape,her lips were the same. Gazing straight at the other's eyes,she suggested.

"It's better for this servant to tour his Highness now around thus it could also help you digest the food you ate."

Feeling his stomach was so full it might burst, the Prince nodded his head.

So,the two people walked around the Yen palace.

Night came and they were already done,the servant then led the Prince towards his bedroom and said her farewell before finally leaving that place.

Cold wind blew by when someone knocked on his bedroom door and without waiting for his permission the door opened revealing the missing Butler since he stepped into the palace.

Cariell's eyebrows wrinkled. Wasn't opening the door without him,a Prince's permission,considered an offense? And this was his bedroom.

He kept a blind eye before because he understood that outside, his status was only a mere title. He couldn't do anything without his Father's power but this was already HIS Imperial Father's PLACE so how could HE the SON of the monarch tolerate this kind of thing?

His voice had a threatening tone as he spoke.

"Did you hear me saying 'Come in'?"

"No."

Cariell couldn't help it anymore and immediately exploded.

"Then why the hell did you open the door?!"

In the Academy this Butler kept disrespecting him,he accepted it. Outside,in their journey he still accepted it because originally,he thought that when they finally inside his Father's place this Butler will change his attitude but who would have thought he would still dare to disrespect this Prince!

Cariell stood up from the bed and shouted.

"Get out!"

However,what happened was opposite of what he expected. Instead of fearing him the Butler even smirked at him. The Butler looked at him with mocking eyes.

"You just got back here and you thought you were already powerful? Have you forgotten that the status you have was a worthless one itself?Do you think his Majesty would waste his precious time to look at you?Stop imagining things that won't happen,everyone knew that his Majesty only accepted you back was for him to not be humiliated. Don't let your head become big,by the way I came here to bring your dinner but it looks like you don't need it anymore then goodbye."

With that said and without waiting for the other's reaction,he left.

The 'bang' woke up Cariell who fell dazed. He dispiritedly sat back down on the bed. His head hangs.

This was what the Butler always told him. From young until now the Butler reminded him every single time he tried to fight back that no matter what he did,he couldn't do anything. His Father didn't care about him that meant the Butler was more favored than him so if he really tried to punish the Butler a big possibility of the Emperor siding the other was big.

The joy and hope Cariell had since starting the journey all shattered into tiny pieces. His chest kept tightening and he couldn't breathe properly. He choked on his saliva,biting his lips to keep the sound that wanted to go out from his mouth. His eyes misted. He continued to control his breath but unfortunately the emotion he always kept at the bottom of his heart showed up one by one.

Cariell buried his head on the pillow and finally, a suppressed cry echoed in the four corners of the room.