Gym Partners (Toshinori Yagi)

**** let's pretend this happens a year after everything in the war arc****~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

Yagi wanted to get back into working out since there was peace to enjoy his retirement, but he didn't know where to start or how. No matter where he goes, everyone knows who he is despite only being a shadow of his old self. So there he stood outside of the gym in the closest town to UA, debating on going in.
"Hey, there." a soft voice called out, gaining his attention. A woman in a pink workout outfit waved to him as she approached.
"I'm sorry I'm in the way." the taller man started as he moved aside.
"You're good. You nervous to go in?" she asked as she leaned on the stair railing. Yagi was stunned at how spot-on she was. Was he that easy to read? When he averted his eyes with a soft hum, the woman smiled with a soft chuckle.
"If it makes you feel better, I can help you until you feel better to do it alone. It's not that packed at this time plus it's a weekday.". Yagi perked from the suggestion.
"I'd appreciate it. Thank you," he offered her a soft closed-eye smile, which she returned.

They started off with some basic stretches to make him comfortable with her presence. They started light with a jog on the treadmill then moved to strength training. She helped him through it like an athletic trainer, assuring he could handle it before each exercise. He would return the favor and be pleasantly surprised at how resilient she was, even though she's been here longer. After an hour, they did some yoga to cool down. She giggled at how he struggled a bit with the poses while he was wowed by her flexibility.

"Thank you for your help. I probably would have gone back home if not for you." Yagi spoke as the pair packed up.
"No problem. I appreciate your company. You're pretty agile for someone so lanky." the woman laughed at the man's confused expression. The woman pulled out a card to give to the taller man.
"We can do this again if you'd like.". Yagi looked at the card to read the name on it.
"Marie Trevor?"."
"Yep. I'm from the states, but I've been here for almost twenty years.".
"What a coincidence. I studied in the states long ago.".
"Well, I guess we're gonna get along swimmingly.". The pair made their way outside and the sun was starting to set.
"Will you be okay going home by yourself?" Yagi asked, concerned.
"Yes. I have a friend on their way to pick me up.".
"That's a relief. Well, I should head back now.".
"Okay, but you haven't told me your name.". Yagi's breath hitched as he scratched his chin.
"My bad. My name is Toshinori Yagi.".
"Well, it was a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Toshinori.". With one more wave, Yagi made his way back to UA.

Every week after that, the pair would link up to work out. She pushed him to push a new limit by encouraging him and he supported her by just joining the ride. After a while, Yagi got brave enough to ask Marie out for coffee, and every Sunday, they would talk about their week over a drink. Marie would share funny stories about interesting client calls she had and Yagi would share the chaotic shenanigans of his students. After hours of talking, they'll fight for the bill and he would win most of them.