Dancing in the Rain

"Ronni get over here!" my room mate shouts.

I groan and stay in bed. "What?!"

"Ronni!!" she yells again. "Get in here!"

I groan and open my eyes seeing the blinds letting in blinding sunlight into my eyes. I groan and throw the blankets off and get up and stroll into the living room. I see my room mate, Addie, in the living room tapping her foot impatiently. Her long blonde hair falling in waves to the right side. Her arms crossed over her chest and her blue eyes questioning.

"What?" i ask leaning against the wall.

"Look at twhat the boys did!" he yelled and opened the blinds to the main windows that give us the beach veiw. At first the light is blinding then it fades and i see paint all over the windows. Its writing in red and i can't even make out what it says.

"What the heck!" i get up from the wall and run out the side door and go outside for a better look.  Addie follows.

"What the heck does it say?" I ask examining.

"I dont care! I want it off!" she shrieks her eyes madened and her freckled pale face turning redder by the minute.

I still examine the letters while Addie goes into the blowout mode. She bolts inside and comes back with cleaners in hand. She starts to scrub it off. Then i get the message.

"Wait!" i yell "Stop! Addie stop!"

"What Ronni why!?" she yells back.

"It says 'Addie i love you, be with me, love derek."' my heart wretchs but i stop and look at her expression.

Her face is a pretty shade of pink and her eyes are a soft happy blue. "Oh."

I shake my head mad but laughing. "Now take it off and go have lunch with him."

"Oh okay." she smiles and i head back inside and crawl back into bed though i know i won't be able to sleep.

I whip out my lap top and decide to get up since its already noon. I put on the song First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes. I smile and open the blinds to let in the sunlight. I open the white window and smell the salty ocean breeze. I set the laptop on my white vanity set and begin to make up the full sized bed. Its comforter is a soft yellow color and the pillows are a deep red. I make it so it is looks like a picture from a magazine. I fix the navy blue rug that is on my dark hardwood floors.

I open the closet and grab my clothes. A nice yellow shirt with flowery patterns on it and a pair of jeans. I pull up mybrown wavy hair into a sloppy bun. two piece hang down on ethier side of my face framing it almost. I put on a bit of make up to make my hazel eyes pop out more, and to give my cheeks a nice rosey pink shade. I have high cheek bones and big eyes. I have a perfectly small nose and a longish neck. My skin is a light tan with little freckles if you look close enough. It's from the ocean sun.

"Ronni, i'm going to lunch with Derek." she smiles and walks into my room. Looking casual but stunning. Her hair down and falling in lushous waves down her neck. Her tan freckled face has  pink to her cheeks and her blue eyes are decorated with mascara. Her face is stunning. Her dress is so amazing. Its a blue dress that barely passes her knees and her shoes are sandales that are glatiarter styled.

"You look great." i smile. "Derek's going to love you."

She smiles shyly. "Thanks."

"No prob, Addie." i smile at her " don't stay out to late, remember that we have class in the morning."

"I won't Ronni, you silly girl." she giggles nervously "Oh, the joys of boarding school."

I smile and she walks out the front door waving  bye.

"Call me when your on your way home." i say like an overprotective mother. What can i say? She's like a sister to  me. Boarding school would suck without her.

"Will do, bye Ronni love!" she waves from down the side walk.

"Bye Addie, love!" i blow a kiss and she laughs. I go back inside the house and relax and wait. 

You see i'm sorta waiting for Layne Rodson, the hottest boy in school, to walk out of Mr. Margain's class so i can see him. Addie and I always watch him. But he doesn't get out till like six and it's barely one. So i do my regular routine. Clean up everything then make dinner.

I start with the kitchen and  work my way into mine and Addies room. Once the house is clean i check the time. Four o' clock. I don't feel like making food so i order in. Chinese food. I wait on the couch watching T.V. Finally a knock on the door and the take out guy checks me out while i'm paying for food. I find it akward but i don't care. It's now five fourty. I pace around the house and let the food sit on the counter.  I pace across the kitchen look ing out the window constantly. Just when the clock strikes five fifty nine the door burst open startling me and making me jump. I see Addie's giggling face as we rush to the window.

"I thought you would be out longer." i smile

"And miss Layne!?" she giggles "You crazy!"

I laugh and the clock strikes six and we turn towardsd the window watching. Butterflies swim in my stomach. I hold back the urge to laugh.

Then it happens. Layne Rodson. I chew on my lip as Addie stares at him with a "wonderland look"  as i call it. I don't blame her. He's goregous. His skin nice and tan and he's tall with a nice build. His eyes are like al lthe colors of a tropical forest, framed with long black eye lashes. His hair a soft brown like a cuddly teddy bear.

"He's so....yummy." Addie smiles

"I know." we watch him walk closer to our house.

"I just want to shout 'Layne i love you.'" she laughs and watches him.

"Layne i freaking love you!" i shout and laugh because i think he can't hear me.

To my shock he turns around and looks at us. My heart pounds in my skull and my stomach drops. he heard me. I drop to the floor with Addie realizing the door was wide open. She crawls over on the floor and shuts the door.

"Is the coast clear?" i whisper to her my heart pounding

"How should i know!?" she whispers loudly."You check!"

"Fine." i mutter and get up i look out the window to see him still there staring at me. He smiles wide when he sees me then he walks away shaking his head.....laughing? I drop to the floor and Addie bursts out in laughter.

I can't help but to laugh. We laugh until we are crying and i might pee my pants. Finally when we stop laughing we get up off the floor and look at each other wearing smiles that are the side of the moon.

"You're a dork." she smiles and nudges me. I smile.

"I know." i blush and we eat our chinese food. The music playing in the background is First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes. This is just the average day in the dorm apparment 1093 in Sherman High Boarding School. Now as i lay in the bed with Addie beside me already asleep I begin to wonder about what tommrrow would bring.

I begin to sing softly the song i've listen to all day. I sing it quietly to myself.

"Ronni shut up." Addie mutters. I can't help but to smile and i shut up and roll over on my side and go to sleep rather than risk a scolding from Addie. I fall asleep smiling like the giant cresent moon.