Part 1, Chapter 2

The two met up constantly that year, most of the school distracted by the Triwizard Tournament.

Sometimes, Luna would meet Draco in the library and the two of them would sit and talk for hours.

Often about books, but at times conversations drifted as they learned more about one another.

Other times, Draco found Luna wandering and joined her.

Normally they were more quiet when they were outside of the library, so as to not disturb anyone, but enjoyed each other's company in the silence.

One time they had been turning around a corridor, talking softly about one of Luna's newest creature friends, when they bumped into Dumbledore.

"Good evening, Miss Lovegood,"He greeted, "Mr. Malfoy."

"Hello Professor Dumbledore,"Luna said cheerfully.

"Hello Professor,"Draco said, prepared to get told off and bowing his head in shame.

"Not to worry Mr. Malfoy, Professor McGonagall told me all about your midnight escapades in the library,"Dumbledore said, "You two make sure you're getting enough sleep. Goodnight."

And with that, he was gone.

By their fifth year, a lot had changed around them, but they still found ways to meet up.

Draco had guessed that Luna was attending Potter's meetings, and while he still disliked Potter he never asked Luna to reveal where they were being held.

He didn't enjoy working for Professor Umbridge, but felt like he didn't have a choice with his parents expecting him to be a prefect and then head boy, and always favored by the headmaster.

With the heightened security under Umbridge, Luna and Draco were no longer permitted out at night but instead met up during the day, tucked into the back corners of the library during free periods or during meals.

Draco realized by the end of fifth year just how much he had grown to care for Luna when he went without seeing her for the summer.

It had been fine last year, when their friendship was newer and Draco was still convinced his father's thoughts were his own.

This year however, so much had changed and Draco found himself wishing there was a world where he could simply spend his days reading and talking with Luna.

While he acted the part around his father and peers, Luna was the only person who got to see the softer and happier side of Draco.

But, the summer before his sixth year would change everything.