||

Jane's pov

While bouncing my legs excited, I sat next to a man I forgot name of, or was it Donald something? Nevermind. I don't know him, nor the man in black next to him and opposite Mr. Hammond. I think his name is Ian Malcolm. Me, my uncle, Ellie, Mr. Hammond, Donald aka the lawyer and Ian sat quietly in the helicopter for like 30 minutes I guess and hope we soon land on the island Mr. Hammond has his park on.

Not gonna lie, I'm excited for these few days we are about to spend on this island and I still also wonder what is this park about. What is it's point? Yeah, I'm not very big fan of amusing parks and these other things most of the kids my age like, I like more to help my uncle, dig fossils with him and Ellie and learn more about dinosaurs. 

Yes, dinosaurs are my favourite thing and only obsession in the world. Unlike other kids, I like to learn new things,.............okay new things about dinosaurs. While other kids would go have fun on playground and play with other kids, I would hung out alone or my only friend I ever had and that's Owen Grady, however right now we have holidays and both of us live somewhere else so we can't hang out with each other right now, only at or after school. 

I don't know why I decided to stay with him. Usually when some kid comes and tell me he or she want to be friends with me, it end up them leaving because they say I'm too boring or too adult-like, whatever that means. Owen on the other hand continued following me everywhere I go and stick to me so I guess that's how it happened. He likes dinosaurs as much as me and surprisingly we share more interest in the same stuff than I thought. Like when I grow up, I want to ride a motorcycle and Owen as well. But let's not talk about my wierd lonely life and dreams and get to present time.

"So you two dig up dinosaurs?" I frowned when the man in black, Ian, left me out and pointed only at Ellie and uncle. And what am I then? Invisible?

"Us three." They saw my irritation when I leaned forward to look over the lawyer at Ian and fix him. After the quick surprise from a 7-year-old girl using this tone, Ian only grinned cockily. Ellie laughed, although I can't tell if at Ian or my irritation.

"Well..."

"We try to." Uncle answered for both me and Ellie, Ian only laughing afterwards. What is with this man? Let's hope he keeps his hands off Ellie because I see that she caught his eye and he's definitely gonna flirt with her, or try to. He's giving me these vibes.

"You'll have to get used to Dr. Malcolm. He suffers from a deplorable excess of personality, especially for a mathematician." Mr. Hammond infromed us, leaning on his staff. 

"Chaotician, actually. John doesn't subscribe to chaos particularly what it says about his science project." Ian opened his mouth to correct himself and there it started with him and Mr. Hammond bickering at each other, which amuses me. Like an old married couple. Shaking my head at them, I looked out the window to see an island appearing before my eyes.

"Hey, Mr. Hammond, isn't this the island you have your park at?" Everyone stopped in what they were doing and looked out the window as well.

"Correct, Jane. There it is." Mr. Hammond nodded. Not a long after, we felt the helicopter wave slightly with us, making my stomach flip. That's why I never go to amusement park. Those rides make me feel wierd. 

"Bad wind shears. We have to drop pretty fast. Hold on, this will be thrilling." Right after Hammond said that, the helicopter lowered sharply. No need to tell me twice, I buckled immediately and others followed my lead except for uncle and Ellie, who got confused over the buckling and used the belts to tie it. And they say adults are smarter than kids. 

"Oh my god, you two." It was supposed to be heard only for me but I guess uncle heard it too when he gave me confused look at which I smirk and hid behind my blue cap. When we landed, I would kiss the ground if it wasn't for others being around me.