"Good morning Miss Cole." He grinned at her.

"Princess would you mind pouring me some of that coffee?" He asked me.

"Sure." I gave Emelia one last glance then turned around to pour him a drink.

I turned back around and suddenly my fathers phone started ringing.

He answered it, then took the cup from me and kissed my cheek.

"Emelia please meet me in my office in 5 minutes." He said then walked out of the room talking into his phone.

I looked at Emelia who was already looking at me. When my eyes met hers she turned to leave.

"Emelia, wait." I said taking a step toward her and touched her arm lightly.

She spun back around to look at me not saying a word but she didn't pull away from me. I guess that's a good sign.

"I know you have to go..... can we talk? Later?"

"No."

I felt my face fall and I took a step back letting my hand fall.

"Wait!" Seeing me step away from her, She panicked then grabbed my hand. "No no, sorry! Not because I don't want to talk. I'll be out tonight. Your father and I are flying down to San Diego after the budget meeting."

"Oh. Okay." I couldn't change my expression. I was still really disappointed.

I think she could tell so she took another step closer to me making my breath hitch in my throat then took my other hand in hers.

"We will talk when I get back tomorrow." She said in a soft voice then gave me a small smile.

I smiled back. "Okay."

"I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." She took a step back letting go of my hands.

"Goodbye Miss Cole."

"Goodbye miss Lancaster." She said in a soft voice again then turned and left the room.

I decided to spend the rest of the day alone. I needed a break from social interaction. The last 2 weeks have been A LOT!

Eric let me know that his flight would be in at 10 so I'd have to wake up early to pick him up.

Walking into the garage the next morning I grabbed the keys to my Audi and went to climb in when I noticed the black mustang next to it. Emelia flashed through my mind and I felt my body grow warmer just thinking about her. I walked back to the key box and traded my Audi keys for the Ford.

I drove to the airport listening to music. It only took about a half hour and I got there right as his plane landed.

After about 15 minutes he was walking out the front door. I got out of the car and smiled then waved him over.

"Hey you." He put his bags down then pulled me into a hug. He picked me up and spun me around.

"Hey." I said when he put me on the ground.

I walked over and opened the trunk.

"I love this car." He grinned throwing his bags inside.

"Me too." I nodded then climbed in the drivers seat.

Eric climbed into the other side then I pulled away from the curb. We drove in silence for about 2 minutes.

"So this is awkward." I drummed on the steering wheel with my fingers. Eric laughed.

"It doesn't have to be." He shook his head smiling.

"I know I know."

"Soooo....... How's the assistant? I forgot what you said her name was."