xvi. The king's death

Chapter sixteen - The kings death

“Viserys you must rest” Aleria whispers as she hears his deep breathes.

“The Prince that was promised”
“What” Aleria titled her head “Viserys your out of it”

“Aegon, Aegon is to be king”

Aleria stood up from the bed as he kept repeating it over and over again. She glances at her husband before leaving the room. Just thinking this was a side affect from milk of the poppy.

************************************
“Your grace”

Aleria sat up as she saw Tanya her lady at the end of her bed “Tanya what is it, its late”

“You must come now”

“What why. What’s going on Tanya” Aleria snaps as she gets out of her bed and walks towards her lady “Spit it out”

“Your husbands dead"

“You’re sure”

“With his own eyes your grace”

“Stay here tell no one and help me dress”

************************************
Aleria looked at where her husbands body was wrapped up and took hold of the crown he wore before and placed it on top of him.

“Your at rest now” She muttered as she broke down “What Am I to do now”

************************************
“Who knows Aleria” Otto asks his daughter.

“My lady Tanya” Aleria admits as she looks at her older sister.

“And some of the servants father” Alicent adds.

“He told me he wished Aegon to be king, it is true uttered with his own lips” Aleria sighs “He wanted him to be king, I can’t help but thank he’s dead now. Aegon wasn’t ever his son”

“And yet we have a advantage”

Alicent and Aleria look up at there father as he grins slightly.
************************************
“The king is dead, we grieve for Viserys the peaceful”

“But he has left us a gift with his last breathe, he impressed upon the Queen his final wish that his son and the closet make relative to the throne should succeed as Lord of the seven kingdoms” Otto states.

“Then we may proceed now with full assurance of his blessing on our long laid plans” A Lord spoke.

“Yes there is much to be done, as we’ve previously discussed” Otto smiles “Now there are two among the captains of the city watch that remain loyal to Daemon. Let’s us replace them. Lord lannister”

“The treasury is well in hand. The gold will be divided for safekeeping”
“Let ravens be sent to our allies, River run and highgarden”

“Am I to understand members of the small council have been planning secretly to install my son without me” Aleria snaps.

“My Queen there was no need to silly you with darling schemes” Lord lannister spoke “Especially when you were raising your children”

“I will not have this. To hear that you are plotting to replace the kings chosen heir with an imposter” Lord beesbury growled.

“His Firstborn son hardly an imposter”

“Many of us swore to the princess”
“That’s was twenty years ago most of them are dead now. It’s time for change”

“You heard the fucking hand plot or no to the king changed his mind”
Aleria rolled her eyes as the group of men argued in front of her.

“I am six and seventy years old. I have known Viserys longer then any of you at this table” Lyman yelled “And I will not believe that he said this on his deathbed let alone to the boys mother”

“Watch your words Lyman I am still Queen and even if Princess Rhaenyra took the throne. I’d still be a Queen” Aleria warns him ”So watch your words”

“This is seizure, it is theft it is treason”

“Mind your tongue Lyman” Criston snapped as Aleria placed a hand in his chest stopping him from attacking the Lord.

“The king was well last night by all accounts. Which of you here can swear he died of his own record”

“Which of us are you accusing of murder Lord bessbury” Aleria raised her eyebrows “Spit it out”

“Whether it was you your grace or all of you I care not. I will have no part”
“sit down” Criston yelled.

“Ser Criston” Aleria warned him as she took a stand “Aegon shall be king. Rhaenyra and Daemon will be offered to surrender after the coronation”

“And if they dont” Otto spoke up.

“Then we will have our guards sent to Dragonstone where they will remain our Prisoners till they do so”

“I say we kill them and there sons”a lord spoke up.

“No one and I mean no one will touch The Prince or princess. Or any of her sons, The lady Baela and Rhaena will be sent to drift mark if Rhaenys accepts out terms. For now no one will leave this castle till I command the wise”

The Lords all agreed as Aleria turned to Criston.

“Come”

************************************
“Helaena Alyssanne” Aleria smiled softly as she saw the two then looked over and saw the twins sat in the ground “Take the two to there Chambers please”

The lady’s nodded there heads as they took jaehaera and jaehaerys out.
“Where is Aegon”

“Not here” Helaena answered.

“He’s out in town once more mother, but do not worry he’s not doing anything unholy of his title”

“Helaena Alyssanne your father”

“What of him” Helaena snaps her head around.

“Mother is he"

“Yes Aegon and Helaena will be crowned”

Helaena nods her head then goes back to her weaving Aleria leaves the chambers.

************************************
“I trust you Ser Criston and my loyalty to me” Aleria whispers “I told the exact place where he shall be found, don’t pounce on him with surprise”

“I will not fail you my Queen”

“I’ll come with you” Aemond states as Aleria grabs her sons arm.

“That would not be my desire Aemond if anything happens”

“Aegon will have there head. Cole needs me and Aegon will only come if he truly knows you sent for him"