Was that a yes?

Hazels pov

A year ago today was the day I first met Spencer. I'm thinking of doing something special for today but I'm not sure if Spencer finds this day special like how I do. I kept pacing around my living room trying to figure out if I should make this day a big deal or not. But before I could even must up a plan I heard a knock on my door.

When I opened the door I saw Penelope, Emily and JJ standing at the door. Penelope had a bouquet of flowers Specifically Roses and Tulips. Emily had a box of chocolates in her hand and JJ had a sundress in her hands. "As much as I love you guys and your company but what are you guys doing here?" I said letting them all in.

"Well a little birdie told us that today was your 1 year friendiversary." Penelope said handing me bouquet. I took them into the kitchen and put the flowers into a vase with water.

"Thank you." I said before turning to the other two girls. "So why the flowers, chocolate and the sundress?" I questioned.

"That little birdie wanted us to get you ready and to take you to a secret location." JJ said wiggling her eyebrows. I laughed at her antics.

I grabbed the dress off of her and went to get changed. The sundress was lavender and laid just above my knees. The neck of the sundress cuffed around my neck like a halter dress. I spun around in the mirror. "I look so pretty oh my lord." I said to myself. I decided to leave my hair wavy hair sit on my lower back.

I walked back out of my room and the girls looked at me in awe. "Do a twirl." Penelope squealed. I laughed and did a twirl for them. Penelope giggled, Emily smiled and laughed at Penelope's reaction and JJ she looked like a proud mother.

I grabbed my sandals I quickly put them on. "okay where to girls?" I asked turning to them. They all looked at each other. Emily pulled out a envelope and handed it to me. I looked at her confused but she just smiled. I opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper. The note read.

Dear Hazel,

I asked JJ, Emily and Penelope to come over to your apartment and to give you four things. The fourth thing is this note if you are confused. Anyway I wanted today to be really special since it is our 1 year friendiversary. I had a feeling you would try to plan something but as you know I am always one step ahead of you. The girls are going to take you somewhere but you need to wear the blindfold that JJ should give to you about now. I paused and looked at JJ. She handed me the blindfold. I laughed "Kinky." The girls burst out laughing. I kept reading the note. Now I know you and if I know you well enough I should know that you just made a kinky joke. I will see you soon Hazel. Don't try and guess what's going on.

From Spencer <3

Emily looked at me. "Ready." she said while grabbing the blindfold off of me and tying it around my eyes. "Wait how am I suppose to get down the stairs." I said looking around aimlessly. The women in front of me and laughed. "I'm serious." I said putting my hands on my hips.

"Okay mother." JJ said while laughing. "We can guide you down the stairs." JJ said while grabbing my arm and guiding me down the stairs and then to there car.

"You okay?" Emily asked I presume from beside me.

"Yeah." I said leaning back.

The car ride felt like forever but it was only around 20 minutes. "Come on then Hazel." Penelope said grabbing my hand and leading me out of the car. We were walking for only 10 minutes until we suddenly stopped.

"Okay stay here." Emily said before I heard all three of them walk off. 'What the fuck' I thought to myself. I felt someone's hands untie the blindfold. When the blindfold was pulled away from my eyes I saw Spencer stood in front of me.

"Hi." He said while smiling. I smiled at him.

"Hey." I said before looking around. In front of me was a picnic underneath a big oak tree. The Oaktree had fairy lights framed around it. I looked at Spencer wide eyed. Spencer laughed at my reaction. "Spence you didn't have to do all this." I said turning towards him.

Spencer put his hands on my shoulders. "Oh but I did." I felt my cheeks heat up.

"You are to sweet Spencer." I said before hugging him. Spencer hugged me back before pulling away. He pulled me towards the picnic. We were sat under the tree talking about books and If the movies were better than the books but we both know that the books will always be better than the movie.

The sun was starting to set. "Holy Spence we have been here for ages." I said looking at him. Spencer looked extremely nervous. "Spence whats up?" I questioned placing my hand on top of his. Spencer grabbed both of my hand and turned to face me.

"Hazel. Did you know there is a 80% chance of an attractive women saying yes to a man asking her to go out with him. So that means the other 10% either don't find the man attractive or they just say no because they want to be independent." Spencer said while looking everywhere but my eyes.

"Dr. Reid is this you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I questioned turning my head to the side. Spencer's eyes went wide.

"Yes I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend. I'd understand if you didn't want to go out with me because you are so pretty and funny and you are so kind. And I'm just plain, boring me. I hope this doesn't ruin thin-." Before Spencer could finish his sentence I leant in and kissed him passionately.

"Was that a yes?" Spencer said while we pulled away. I laughed.

"Yes Spencer I will be your girlfriend." Spencer smiled widely before pulling me in and kissing me roughly. When we pulled back Spencer rested his forehead to mine.

"Lets go back to your apartment." Spencer said before standing up. He helped me up and started packing the picnic up.

The car ride was silent apart from the music playing from the radio. Spencer's hand rested on my thigh. I felt thousands of butterflies darting around my stomach. I leant my head against the window and slowly drifted off to sleep dreaming about Spencer and our future together.

A/n

They are finally together wooooo