intertwine

'Do you have any idea how much I love you.' Steve said softly, not able to meet Roxy's eyes. 'I would lay down everything for you. I'm not waking up tomorrow without you, Roxy, I'm just not. I know we're in high school, but I don't care. This is what I want. Being with you is what I want. And if you think for a second that I would be okay without you, then I need you to change your mind, because it's not true. At all.' Steve looked into her eyes, his vision blurry from his tears. Roxy's eyes were glassy too, her tears threatening to fall. 'Please, Roxy I'm begging you.' 

'I'm sorry. I freaked out. I didn't... I don't know. Steve, I love you. I'm with you. And I'll be with you tomorrow, I promise. I don't want to scare you like that. We're going to be okay.' Roxy told him earnestly, feeling incredibly guilty for even thinking this when the thought hurt him so much. She moved her hands up to brush the tears off his face, his eyelashes glistening. 'Steve, I am so sorry. I'm not leaving you. I'm not going anywhere. You're all I want. I wouldn't be okay without you. I'm sorry.' Roxy had never apologised so much, but now, she couldn't stop saying sorry. She pulled Steve back toward her, and held him strongly against him, as much as her injured arm would allow. His breath was shaky and Roxy could feel him still silently crying, not yet reassured by her words. 'Steve, look at me.' 

Steve hesitantly pulled back to look at her, embarrassed by how much he fell to pieces. He slowly shook his head. He couldn't imagine how she was holding it together so well, or if she'd be breaking down like he was if the roles were reversed. 

'You are the most important person in the world to me. I know I wouldn't be okay if you were gone. I'm sorry for saying that you would be. That was really stupid and selfish. I know it was a lapse in judgement, please don't be scared. We've made it out of this before, and we'll make it out of this again, together. Believe me.' Roxy told him, her voice equally gentle and pleading. Steve only nodded slowly, his panic subsiding. Roxy had never felt such guilt, not even last year after the fight between Steve and Billy. Seeing Steve like this was nearly enough to break her, too. 

Roxy inched her face toward Steve's, slowly, scared she'd move too fast. Scared Steve still didn't trust she'd be with him tomorrow. Her lips met his, a touch lighter than air. He pushed further, though it remained a gentle, almost cautious kiss. Sliding her hand to the back of his neck, Roxy buried her fingers in the ends of his hair. He returned with more ferocity, both hands holding her face close to his. They both continued to deepen the kiss, proving how much they needed each other - like a competition. 

'Roxy...' Steve started. 'I need you.' 

'I know. And I'm sorry. I need you too-' 

'No. I mean, I need you. Now.' Steve said, hunger in his voice. Roxy pushed her body onto his, feeling the truth in his words. 

'STEVE!' They paused, reluctant to break apart upon hearing Dustin yell out. Steve groaned and dug his fingers into Roxy's waist, frustrated. 

**********************************************************************

Steve, jangling car keys in his hands, lead the way with Roxy beside him, and Robin, Erica, and Dustin following behind as they left Starcourt Mall. They spotted a very lux, eye-catching yellow Cadillac -

'Oh, man! Now this... this is what I'm talkin' about.' Steve said, clearly excited to get behind the wheel. 

'Todd-father?' Robin judged, looking at the number plate. 

'Screw Todd! Steve's her daddy now.' Steve exclaimed, hopping into the driver's seat. Roxy narrowed her eyes, showing a slight cringe to Robin who rolled her eyes at the comment. They all climbed into the car, Roxy in the passenger seat, looking in the glovebox for anything exciting inside. There wasn't.