Chapter 5-No Sweetie

Start from the beginning

I started to wonder if letting him go had been a good idea in the first place. I'd wanted my space, I'd needed time to think, but now I just had to face everything alone. He wasn't there to hug me or kiss me and tell me that everything was going to be okay. It didn't matter if his words never helped, because they'd at least been something to break up the darkness that my thoughts pulled me into. They had been words that said he believed in me and now I didn't have those.

I stood up and felt a little dizzy. I wobbled slightly until my feet were back under me. That was strange, I'd never felt that way before. The only thing that had changed was...

"Mrs. Greene? Where the heck did you go?" I shouted through the house."

I heard the light clacking of her shoes on the hard floor and she appeared around a corner.

"Yes, dea-" She cut off when she saw the look on my face.

"Oh dear."

"What did you do to me?"

"Well you see, I... I just..."

I bobbed my head forward, my brows raising like I expected her to continue, giving her the prompt.

"He told me to do it. I told him it wouldn't be a good idea. I told him you'd be angry when you found out, but I couldn't just tell him no. You don't just tell him no. I didn't have a choice in the matter."

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose at her worried blabbering. She was scared of ticking me off because she had to live with me, but she was also scared to go against the Alpha's wishes.

"It's fine, Mrs. Greene. Just please don't do it again. I'm asking you right now, don't make me tell you."

Mrs. Greene's head nodded quickly.

"Yes, yes. I promise, I won't do it again. But will you please get some rest yourself?"

I sighed feeling defeated. I didn't know what to do so I just agreed. I knew I needed to stop being so hard on her and the others around me. I'd just been so hormonal, and everything going on just added on top of it. I knew it wasn't fair to take it out on the others around me, but I was starting to feel like I was trapped in a dark hole. I guess I was just trying to make it so I wasn't trapped alone.

"I promise." I stood there for a moment before speaking up again. "Now I'm going to go get some food. I'm starving."

"Yes, please do. Let's get some food in you."

Mrs. Greene followed me into the kitchen and she started bustling about as I went digging through the fridge. I pulled out some meat, cheese and lettuce and Mrs. Greene frowned slightly.

"What? I'm going to have a sandwich. I have lettuce, that's a vegetable...and there's meat and cheese."

"Fine, fine. Eat your sandwich then," she said waving dismissively. "I'll be around if you need me. And remember what I said."

"Bed rest and no stress. Yes, I know."

"Oh, Katarina. I'll be praying to the goddess for you."

"I think she's pretty much abandoned me at this point," I grumbled as Mrs. Greene walked out of the kitchen.

I started making the sandwich, spreading mayo on the bread, adding some mustard and then the meat, cheese, and lettuce. I stood at the corner, eating it so I would hopefully be able to avoid anyone else. After seeing Aphrodite, I really didn't feel like socializing with anyone else.

When I finished, I walked straight back to the bedroom. I knew no one would bother me there, at least no one that would be annoying.

I tried to relax, but everything Aphrodite had said to me in the living room, and in the dream, kept coming back to me.

I knew it was ridiculous to let a dream rule over me like that, but when her words had echoed so close, I had to wonder if it was really a dream at all, or if I'd somehow gotten a glimpse of the future. A future where Rafe realized how stupid it was to waste his time and energy on something that was going to destroy his pack.

To me, what I had seen had looked like a very real possibility. One day, Rafe would wake up to find that he was weak and that the pack was vulnerable. It may not happen right away, but if they were ever threatened and if he wasn't able to protect them because of me—.

A part of me was sure The Blood Alpha would do what he could to ensure the safety of his people. If he could do that, the solution would be simple.

If that dream had indeed been a glimpse of a possible future, that meant I had just under four months to figure out how to get my wolf back.

My heart started to race and I felt like everything was closing in on me. I was on the verge of a panic attack.

************

So here we have another chapter. Let me know what you think of the interaction between Aphrodite and Katarina. Sorry again for the slip ups in the previous chapter. They should be fixed now though.

Remember to leave your comments below, and if you liked the chapter, please give it your vote! Thanks all!!