Chapter 1: The Beginning

12 years ago

The kyubbi raged the village, causing total destruction. Though only for his beloved new born daughter, Kurami. Who had been taken hostage, by the masked man. Making a deal with a man that if he destroyed the village he would give his only precious thing in the world back, before he went on to destroy the village, he had wrapped his daughter in one of his giant tails.

   Later on kyubbi was taken on by the two soon to be hero's of the village, Minato Namizake and Kushina Uzamaki. Before he was sealed, he asked them one thing and one thing only.

"If I am to be sealed then please take care of my daughter. I only destroyed the village for her, and if I had to I would do it again and again. Forgive me, please." He said in the most gentle voice anyone has ever heard from a demon best.

   Even though being stabbed through the chest and dying for there one and only son, they agreed. They understood what it was like to do something for your child, knowing that the third would take care of them both. The kyubbi gently laid down his the one-tailed daughter next to the new born Naruto, "Her name is Kurami, take of her." Were the nine tails last word before his other half was sealed into the baby.

6 years later

   By this time Kurami had two tails, flailing around behind her. She was happy as parentless, tailed child could be. Which was miserable, everyone in the village hated her and treated her for some strange reason. She never understood why, the children would never play with her. Calling her mean names like 'freak' and 'Monster', sometimes the older children would pull her ears and tail, and throw rocks at her.

  One day she was walking home to her lonely apartment, a bag full of instant ramen, when she heard shouts coming from the playground about a block away. With her sensitive hearing she could barely make out the words, 'freak' and 'monster'. Something ignited in her and she ran toward the playground, at the playground there was a blonde boy with tears in his eyes being tormented in by older children. She ran over and punched one of the older boys in the face, growling showing them her baby fangs. Looking like a real demon, the boys ran from her, scared of the blue haired girl.

   Kurami turned and slowly approached the boy,"Are you ok?" She asked cautiously.

The boy looked up at her with tears in his eyes, then looked away, "Why do you care? No one else does..." He said bitterly.

She smiled softly, "Well I care cause I know the pain you do. Every one calls me a monster cause I have tails and ears, I don't know why though." The boy looked up at her surprised and happy, that he's not the only one.

    He suddenly found a new hope, "He-hey do you want be friends?" The blonde boy asked nervously.

    Kurami smiled, "Yes I do, my name is Kurami!!" The boy looked up surprised that she even accepted his request, then gave her a big goofy smile.

"My name is Naruto Uzamaki, believe it!!"

    They started talking for the rest of the day, and found out they had a lot of things in common besides being hated by the entire village. For example they both love ramen, they have the same birthdays, and sadly they have no parents. Naruto told her about his dream to become a ninja and be the next hokage.

Kurami smiled at this for a moment, "Then Naruto, when we both turn 7 how about we both become ninja. Then someday you'll be the hokage and I'll be your right hand girl." She offered and Naruto gave a great big smile, "Great, we'll be the best shinobi in the world. " they both laughed and talked about there futures till it was time to go home.

Another 6 years later (Kurami's POV)

It has been 6 years since me and Naruto have vowed to be the best shinobi. Since then I have grown two more tails, all together I have four in all. Gathering information from my earlier years, every three years on my birthday I grow another tail. Since I'm 12 now mine and Naruto's next birthday I'll have 5 tails, great. Note the sarcasm there, don't get me wrong I absolutely love the way I am. Its just every time I gain a new tail, the more I'm feared by the villagers and the more they treat me like crap.