I smiled, I couldn't wait to call her my mate. To tie her to me for eternity. I've been waiting my whole life for her. She was my everything, my one and only.

 I was so fucking exited for our life together. It took everything in my power not to snatch her up, throw her over my shoulder and go back to the clan when she told me she wanted to mate with me. 

Mating was just the start of our life together, and that made me ecstatic. 

"Let's go, I made a promise to maRi."

I have never broken a single promise to her, and I didn't plan on doing it today. 

"Whipped."

I rolled my eyes. "You guys really want to make Ri angry?"

They both paled, "Yeah, let's go."

They both rushed down the steps, tripping over each other.

That's what I thought. Angry Ri was scary. It was rare for Ri to actually get full on angry. It wasn't in her nature, sarcasm was. But anger? No. When it did happen though, it was straight out of a nightmare. Everyone was in danger when she was mad. I shuddered at the thought of the last time she got mad at me. I had bruises for weeks.

Stuck in my head I was caught off guard by the bullets suddenly ricocheting around us.

We jumped around a corner. We were useless like this. I turned to Lo'ak who was holding the gun. It was like he forgot he had it.

"Give me that!"

I yanked the gun from his grip.

I started shooting the gun from around myself towards the fake Navi. They stood farther away on the other side of the ship. I couldn't see where they were at. I was at the disadvantage.

I was practically shooting blind.I cursed myself for the predicament we got ourselves in.

I continued to shoot at them, creating an opening for Spider and Lo'ak to run ahead.

"Go Go Go!" I hurried them.

We didn't have that much time, there were only so many rounds before I ran out.

"This way!" Spider added.

Lo'ak and Spider jumped into the water first.

I felt my gun run out of bullets. Shit.

Riti would say something about our shitty luck, right now. She was right, she was always right.

They started shooting back but if I stayed any longer I'd be stuck for good.

It's now or never, I decided to run for it and jumped into the water after Lo'ak and Spider.

I felt something pierce through me. I ignored it, my heart was pumping so fast all I could hear was a ringing in my ears, and the adrenaline spurring my movements into action. I hit the water and followed after Loak and Spider. My heart was racing, and that's when I felt it.

It hurts. Something hurt.

I felt myself slowly sink lower, but I didn't give up. I couldn't give up, I had to reach the top. I had too, even though pain was radiating through my body, I had to get to the top. I felt my head finally get to the surface. I tried to gasp for air but it felt like I wasn't getting any.

"Bro that was insane cuz."

"Woohoo!" The two of them high fived.

My vision was getting blurry, and staying afloat was getting harder and harder.