Chapter II - So Much You Don't Know

𝒮𝒾𝓁𝓋𝑒𝓇

After leaving Hecat's class, Silver's day was busier than she could have ever imagined. She had two hours before her Potions class and she planned to learn her way around the castle while filling parts of her field guide for Professor Weasley. A young student named Zenobia took her plans and crushed them under her foot when she begged the girl to help find her stolen gobstones. Silver proceeded on a wild goose chase through the castle. After returning the game pieces to Zenobia -- and a quick game with the girl -- it was time to find Professor Sharp's class. 

Professor Weasley was right, that Field Guide was extremely helpful as she had located the classroom in minutes. She was exhausted from running after the gobstones for the remaining hours of her morning. She found Garreth and Natsai standing at a set of three potion stations with one standing empty. Natsai smiled widely and waved her friend over. Garreth was brushing his hair back smoothly with one hand.

Silver looked around the room taking in the students from each house all intermingling and laughing together. She saw groups form around potion stations mostly staying within their houses. She saw the Sallow boy waltz into the class with a strange expression painting his face. She couldn't tell if he was angry, tired, or sick to his stomach.

Her attention snapped away from the Slytherin when Garreth's hand landed on her shoulder and he leaned in closer to her. "My aunt asked me to inform you that you will be going to Hogsmeade to replace your lost items after this class. She also told me to tell you you are more than welcome to stop by your dormitory and prepare for your travels."

"Thank you for telling me," Silver smiled. "I've never gone to town by myself. I am quite excited honestly."

"Ah, you think she'll let her new prized pupil leave on her own? She already arranged an escort for you." Garreth's friendly grin faded back to a simple uptilted line. 

"Do you know who it is?" Silver asked, her head tilted slightly to the side in a questioning manner.

"That git Sallow. I don't know what she's thinking. She's sending him as a replacement for detention. It makes me nervous about your comfort on your trip. If he pulls anything -- anything at all -- let me know."

"I will, but I think I can handle him on my own," Silver choked back her full-hearted laugh down to a light chuckle at the idea that she needed Garreth to do something about him when she had just proven herself against him mere hours ago.

After catching up on last year's events from Natsai and Garreth, Professor Sharp finally started the class. They were learning a very easy potion called Wiggenweld. Silver remembered Professor Fig giving a bottle of the healing potion to her after the dragon attack.

A rather uneventful class compared to the first was almost drawing to a close when Sharp called his newest student up to his desk.

"Miss Burbank," the professor stated, "I believe you have some catch-up to do. I need you to brew an Edurus potion for me. I will allow you this once to borrow the supplies from my office."

"Yes, Professor. I will get on it right away." Silver drained the Wiggenweld potion from her cauldron and went off to his office before being stopped by Garreth.

"You're going into his office? Would you mind doing a favor for me?" Weasley says, turning his best charm.

"Possibly, this sounds rather precarious."