the man went under the whomping willow. they stood there for a minute or two, waiting for someone else to turn up or something else to happen. someone did, completely in dark clothes. roslyn immediately recognized who it was "there's my dad."

they stared at for another moment before harry spoke out "and now we wait."

roslyn nodded, looking at harry beside her, repeating what he said "now we wait."

hermione sat down on the ground next to a tree, roslyn sitting beside the girl. harry was the last to sit down, sitting next to rose as they all watched the whomping willow. it would take a while for anything to happen but they didn't want to miss out anything.

they could hear bats and birds fly around the trees, them russeling and tweeting, just making noises. it was genuinely quite relaxing, the calm noises of nature and the chilly but not cold breeze traveling up their necks. roslyn wouldn't mind dying on a night like this, it was nice.

bats came flying through the gaps and over their heads, causing them to try and make themselves lower onto the ground, their wings and small claws catching the top of their heads.

roslyn leaned to the side, accidently on harry as they flew over their heads. she didn't realize at first because she was more focused on trying not to get scratched, but when she did her face flushed and she sat up "sorry."

"it's okay." he gave her a easing smile.

hermione looked behind her, smiling at buckbeak "at least someone's enjoying himself."

"yeah." roslyn smiled back at buckbeak who was eating and playing around with the food "at least he's alive and free."

all smiled at him before gluing their eyes back on the whomping willow, just waiting for them to all come out. it certainly wasn't happening anytime soon, so harry decided to share what was on his mind "rose, hermione."

"yeah?" the two gazed over at him. he didn't have a sad expression on his face, it was little bit happier though he was slightly confused "before, down by the lake, when I was with sirius...i did see someone."

"that someone made the dementors go away." harry spoke again, he was looking down at the floor while hermione and roslyn were looking at him.

"with a patronus. I heard snape telling dumbledore. according to him, only a really powerful wizard could a conjured it." hermione explained. she'd seen harry do it with her very own eyes. it may have only been small but it was still a great.

harry smiled, his eyes looking ahead of him "it was my dad. it was my dad who conjured the patronus."

"harry, but your dads---" hermione went to speak and harry's smile dropped, his voice harsh "dead. I know. I'm just telling you what I saw."

roslyn put a hand on his shoulder but didn't say anything. she knew he didn't want anyone to say anything, he just wanted someone to listen and understand what he saw through his own eyes. of course she couldn't understand but she still wanted to let him know she was there.

he placed his hand on hers, just lightly holding it. she just gave a sad smile and their eyes all turned back to the whomping willow. they watched it for a while, bored, all completely in silence.