Chapter 13

You feel exhausted. You can hear noises near you. Your eyes slowly open, and you can feel the sun shine on you. Adjusting to the light is hard. "Um..." you finally can make a sound.

'...I feel so tired?'

"Y/n?!"

'Who?' your eyes slowly open again. The first thing you see is the ceilings.

"Y/n! You're awake!" a familiar voice

"Brother?..."

"Yes, y/n, it's me."

  You slowly turn to the side, seeing your brother, and "Cyno..." He looks worse. It's the first time you see him without his hat on...his hair looks so messy, not all there big dark circles under his eyes.

"Y/n..." he mumbles your name as he looks at you, his eyes darting about to tear up.

"Why?" you let out, "...why do you look worse than me?" is the thing you let out.

"Y/n...read the situation..." your brother deadpan as he helps you sit up.

"You got us so worried!" Said Paimon as she flew to hug you. "Do you know how Paimon cries because of you?"

"I am sorry?..." you smile as you pad her head.

"Here," a glass of water appears before you, "you should have some before continuing to talk," said Lumine, smiling.

"Thank you, Lumine," you smile back as you slowly drink the water, with Paimon helping you a bit. "...that feels good" You let out a small sigh*

"Now that you're awake, I think I will go inform the doctor," said Your brother as he gently padded your head. "Also, Welcome back, Y/n," he smiles

"...thank you..."

"Welcome back, y/n!" said Lumine and Paimon, hugging you. "Ah, I should also go tell Nahida, too. She will be delighted!" said Lumine as she grabbed Paimon.

"Paimon wants to stay here-" Lumine looks at her and Signals her to a certain someone. "Ah...Paimon understands...we will see you later, Y/n."

  Just like that, the three were gone. Just you and Cyno left. He hasn't looked at you yet.

"Can you sit down?" you suggest, and he sits beside you. You smile. "Are you not gonna welcome me back?"

"..." he stays quiet,

"Hm?" you tilt your head, "you don't even want to talk to me now?... Are you mad at me?"

"No," he finally said, "it's...not like that..." He claps his hand together.

"Then?"

"I am... ashamed to face you," he said without turning to you, "at that time, I was next to you. But I can't even protect you..."

"So that's how it is..." you finally hear why. "So are you saying that when I push you away, was it meaningless?"

"No"

"Cyno," you try to get closer to him, forgetting that your wound still "ouch" hurts.

"Y/n!" Cyno quickly turns to you; his worried face makes you feel bad for him.

"You've finally turned to look at me," you smile, "I'm happy."

  Cyno was about to cry, "I'm sorry..." he said.

"Don't be; I'm happy that you are well...umm, maybe sort of" Seeing him, he looks worse than you. "I'm the one who is sick; why do you look like a person who just woke up from a coma?" 

He didn't say anything, but a small smile appeared. "Maybe, someone got me too worried."

  Seeing him like this makes you happier "I did, didn't I?" you hold his hand.

  Cyno stares at you; his eyes slowly doze off. Seeing him like this, you move a bit, pulling him closer to rest on your shoulder. "Take some rest, and we will talk more," you whisper.

"Mhm..."

  You smile, turning to the window and seeing many trees and small buildings. It sounds so peaceful. 'I don't mind staying like this forever...' Still holding his hand, don't want to let go.

"Cyno...I like you..."

To be Continued...