Adding the bad grades he got Zayn is hopeless when it comes to school. He is not stupid he just knows that he doesn’t need school.

He throws the towel away in the bin because he doesn’t need evidence but on the other hand: as if his parents would care.

Standing up he looks at the light pink cuts with the dried blood. He washes it off being as gentle as he can. Then he walked into his bedroom shutting all the lights off and changed into his boxers he uses for sleeping. When he is securely wrapped under his blanket he let himself wandering into the dreamland he built the past few months. There everything is finally calm.

--

The sudden noise of his phone (which he found in the school so he just took it because he hasn’t got one) made him jump in his bed on the Tuesday morning. Another day of school. It is his last year and it wouldn’t help if he just wouldn’t go because then his parents would hear from it. It isn’t like they would care but they would make his life worse by remembering him how horrible he is to drop school.

So he got off his bed looking into the mirror. The reflection of a pale tattooed person looked back at him. It is Zayn but you can see every flaw. Too thin, his arms full of scars and everything covered in tattoos. Well the tattoos. Every single one has a meaning, at least the last ones he got. The first ones were just a few jokes between his old friends and him. He didn’t regret it and they made him smile sometimes. The last time he smiled was… he can’t even remember. And they don’t matter at all anymore.

He turned away from the mirror washing his face, the cold water hitting his fresh scars and Zayn sighed. When he dried himself he walked to his wardrobe dressing himself in his usual black trousers and white T-shirt, his Converse and his bag for school. All he carries around are some pencils, some papers and a few books. And he did what he does every morning when he is about to go out: He decorated his left wrist with some bracelets made of leather and around his right wrist he wrapped a bandana. He propped his bag over his shoulder and was about to step out of his room quietly and eat some cereal for breakfast before school when he heard some glass hitting the floor.

Shit. Quickly but securely he made his way downstairs and sees at the corner of his eyes that his parents were standing in the kitchen glaring at each other. He better get out of this. Not even eating breakfast he went out and tried to be careful when he shut his door.

Outside he let out a sigh, it could be a hopeful one or one that just cried for help but he would never admit that. He can handle this alone like always does.

Zayn clutches at the band of his bag and walked down the stairs when he heard another thing crashing on the floor. He just wants to be away from here.

As he walked further heading to the street he spotted this gorgeous lad he can think about the whole time if he want to and if the circumstances let him. His eyes on him all the time Zayn reached the street when Liam saw Zayn and made that smile that reached his eyes and Zayn had this sick feeling in his stomach.

“Hey, Zayn.”

“Hey.” Zayn said and waved with his hand.

“Is everything okay?” The beating of his heart getting faster.

“Of course.” Zayn answered and forced a smile. He couldn’t let his masquerade down. Not to the boy he tried to forget but failed because who forgets the one who can make your heart skip a beat? And Zayn couldn’t forget him because they kind of made out once. He still can feel how Liam’s lips move against his and how soft they were. And the most he remembers how perfect everything was then and how frickin happy he was.

Liam waved. “Okay, see you around and have fun in school.” With that he headed to the different direction of the street and Zayn to the other. Liam is on a different school in town.