Be the One That Saves Me

The next weeks, both Jisoo and Hae In dove headfirst into their work, with him going back to D.P. Season 2 shoot, and Jisoo preparing for the long overdue Blackpink comeback.

Their paths seemed to stray away from each other, but despite the time differences, the distance, Hae In stayed true to his promise. He  never misses an opportunity to support her, whether privately or publicly.

On the last day of their recording, he sent flowers to the girls. When they started shooting for the music video, he sent a coffee truck. During promotions of their song, he posted the Spotify and youtube links on his instagram stories. Privately, he never missed an opportunity to hype Jisoo, who seemed to open up to him more and more each day.

One time, they were busy talking on the phone late at night that they forgot the time. It was only when Lisa teased Jisoo that they realized it's already half past one.

"Shit, sorry I took up your sleeping time. You need to sleep. Call me anytime, okay?" Haein said on the other end of the call. Smiling, Jisoo moved away from Lisa so she won't hear or see her. "It's okay. You know I like talking to you." She said, smiling to herself, "Thank you, really. When you said that you'll always support me, you really meant it."

"Of course, I do. Anything for you, remember?"

Both paused, just relishing in each other's words. Haein recovered first. "Go, rest. Wish I could see you soon, Jisoo."

"I know. I miss you too. Goodnight, oppa." Before Haein could react, Jisoo ended the phone call as she ran towards Lisa to give her a tight hug. Lisa, in turn, playfully pouts. "Is it me you're hugging or you're thinking of oppa Haein? You've been talking a lot lately ah! And the flowers? What's up with you two?"

Jisoo just shook her head. "I'm just happy, okay? That's it!" Laughing she squeezed Lisa's cheeks before heading to bed. "Let's sleep! We shouldn't be staying up late!"