chapter two - free period class

Warnings: having class with the boys that doesn't make any sense, introduction to Prince William, cute feelings, and making friendships

Warnings: having class with the boys that doesn't make any sense, introduction to Prince William, cute feelings, and making friendships. ✨🌈💛🕊💫🌼☁️🍯🌻🍋 🌙

I am so incredibly sorry for the veryyyy late update!!!  I did not plan on taking this long but I always have trouble with the first five chapters.  If you guys have any ideas you would like to see in this book leave them in the comments & you might end up seeing your idea w/ credit to you :).  I'm watching The Santa Clause while writing.

Thank you everyone for your patience and without further ado here's the story.  So grab a snack, sit back, relax and enjoy reading.

Surprisingly, Amelia had been really liking boarding school.  It was different then she thought it would be.  Yes, she missed her family, but she was liking the freedom she got.  They still had a strict schedule at what time lights had to be out and they couldn't leave the school without having someone with them at all times.  She was settling in nicely.  

It was sometimes an odd feeling like she was in a cage and there was no way out.  

But she had grown used to it and didn't fight it.  Instead, she welcomed it.  

Her older brothers had gone to boarding school as well and loved it.  They reassured her baby sister that everything would be okay and she would always be there for her if something happened to her.  There was quite an age difference between the Nicholson siblings.  Greg was the eldest being fifteen years old.  Mason was the middle child being twelve years old and Amelia was eight.  Even though there was an age difference between the siblings, they would never tell you otherwise.  They were very close and were protective of each other as they called themselves the three musketeers.  Since Amelia was the only girl she was very competitive already at such a young age and loved sports just like her brothers but she was already a girly girl too.  

Just because she went to a private posh school, did not mean she was a stuck up twat, as many thought when they thought of children going to private posh schools.  The Nicholson family along with many others who attended the schools were just the same as the Nicholson children. 

Free period class was the one time they would be round boys from Ludgrove School.  Otherwise, their schools were very much separate.  Their parents spent thousands of dollars each year for their children to get a good education.  They didn't need their children getting into trouble and not focusing on their grades.

This was the one class where they were able to do whatever they wanted, but it was mostly to catch up on homework.  And whilst she was only in of her friends in this class, 

There was a young boy, who was the same age as her, who put his books and things at the desk right beside her.  He had blonde hair and blue eyes.  He looked like he had kind smile and seemed like he was very gentle.  She didn't recognize him as the prince because as children they weren't really concerned about royalty.  

"Hi," Amelia said a bit shy as she kicked her feet slightly and looked down quickly but then looked back up at him.  I'm Amelia."

"I'm William but just call me Wills," he smiled softly.  "D'you want to sit with us?" He asked.

"Sure," she gives a smile and sat down next to him and a couple of his friends.  

She wasn't sure why free period was the one time they were all together.  But she was fine with it.  

"I'm Oliver," a young boy with short brown hair introduced himself.

"Aidan," the other boy says and Jenny sits down in the chair next to Amelia.  

Amelia was glad that Jenny was in this class with her.  She had at least two classes where she knew no one.  She was never really good at making friends with people right away as she was always kind of shy.  But she liked Jenny and the boys she met now seemed nice as well.  

Jenny was similar in personality to Amelia.  Both somewhat shy and nice.  Never mean to anyone and always kept to themselves pretty much.  

"D'you like football?" William asked Amelia.

"'Course I do.  I love it," Amelia smiled as she finished a maths problem.  "D'you?"

"Yeah," he nodded his head.  "Whose your favourite team?" He asked as he leaned in.

"Aston Villa," she replied.

"Hey, that's mine too!" 

"Favourite player?" Amelia questions as she looks at him quizzically.

"Paul McGrath," they both answer at the same time and let out little giggles.

Amelia had heard of the Royal family before.  Pretty much everyone who lived in the United Kingdom had but that didn't mean she cared that much.  She was only eight and really only cared about school, friends and sports.  She had no idea that the Wills she was talking to was the Prince William and he liked it that way.  He liked being at boarding school as it meant being away from the tabloids and paparazzi.  Even though he was young, he knew that there were people watching his family.  He knew what his future was going to be even though he didn't completely understand it like an adult would.  All he knew was that he didn't like the people with cameras and couldn't understand why they wouldn't just leave his family alone.  

"Quiet down," their professor said as he looked at them directly with squinted eyes.  Even though they had a free period class that didn't mean they could goof off, contrary to belief.  

"I think we're all gonna be good friends," Aidan declares.  

"Then it's settled then," Amelia says with a little bit of confidence and awkwardness.  "Best friends?"

"Best friends," Oliver and Jenny agreed as well.  

They continued working on their little homework that they had but would also goof off when the professor wasn't looking as William let out a snicker as the group of them were joking around about nonsense that didn't pertain to their work.  

Their professor shot them a look to quiet down and they did for a little bit until Amelia laughed quietly through her hand.  

Once class was done, they went their separate ways but not before Amelia and William waved goodbye at each other.

--

I'm sorry its shorter than my usual chapters you guys are used to but I need to get this book rolling and then they will be longer.  Also I know it doesn't make any sense for the boys and girls to have one class together but this is how I wanted to introduce them.