Chapter 15: The girl with bow and arrow

Start from the beginning

When we wake up, it's early in the morning. The sun was just rising. We didn't sleep a lot. ''Clove, Clove wake up.'' I say. She looks up and sees my face. ''Hey.'' She says. ''Morning beautiful.'' I say. I kiss her cheek and get up. We ate breakfast and are relaxing now. ''I'm not tired at all.'' She says. ''Me neither, but it's important to get a lot of rest from now on. Who knows when the finale begins. It's day 9. And at the moment life sucks. We barely had food, cause Katniss blew everything up. Clove told me while we were trying to find a place to go last night.  I took a stone, and tried to sharpen my sword. After that, I remembered the father thing. I stopped sharpening my sword for a second and stared at her. She didn't seem too happy, or too sad at all. So I tried to bring up the conversation.

''Clove, ehm. I have to tell you something.'' I start. ''What is wrong?'' She asks. I hear the fear in her voice. ''First of all, you have to promise me, that you will listen to the whole story, and you won't get mad.'' I tell her. ''That's hard to promise. Even harder when I don't know what you're story is about. But I'll try.'' She says. ''It's about reaping day.'' I start. She nods and I go on. ''There were two people who came to visit me.'' I say. ''One of them was Cass.'' She says. ''Yes, and the other one...... The other one was......''  I try to say it. ''Who was it Cato?'' She asked. ''The other one was your father.'' I say, as fast as I can. ''What?!? He didn't even came to visit me!'' She says. '' 'If you come out alive, instead of my daughter, I'm going to kill you.' Is what he said. The next moment, I felt this crazy pain, in my stomach. He had pressed one of your knives into it. The next moment, I see peace keepers coming in, and in the hallway............'' I can't bring the sentence up.  ''What happened Cato?'' her voice broke. ''They shot him.'' I say. Tears run down my cheek as soon as I see the same thing happen on her face. She's crying. I've never had her seen crying like this before. ''I'm so sorry Clove.'' I say. ''You shouldn't be. I've never actually seen this man in the last few years, and if he tried to kill you, even if he wanted to save me with it, he's an asshole. And if it was you or him, I'm glad he's dead.'' She says, crying. ''The only people I care about are my brother and you. You understand that right?'' She asks. ''Yes I do.'' My voice is breaking even more. She gets up from the tree trunk she was sitting on and walks to me. I'm sitting on the ground. She sits down on my lap,  and buries her face into my chest. She's crying. ''I'm sorry, I had to tell you.'' I say. I'm crying too. I hug her tight. I don't want to let her go. ''Please Clove, forgive me.'' I beg her. ''Already did when I was walking up to you.'' She whispers. ''I'm not blaming you,'' She continues. ''I'm blaming myself. For everything. If I would of have waited another fucking year!!!'' She shouts the last part. She's still the little girl I've met a long time ago. When we ran into each other, at the corner. ''No. This isn't your fault.'' I say. I'm pressing her even closer to my own body. I kiss her head. She calms down. We both stop crying, knowing that we have been watched, but not by the capitol. Just as I think about it, I hear a sponsor. 

I swing my arms around Clove's body and get up, carrying her towards the sponsor. I out her down eventually. I read the message that came with the sponsor out loud. ''I asked the game makers to cut this out, they agreed. It would just make district 2 look weak. Make sure you won't do this again. ~Enobaria.''  ''Why doesn't Brutus write us anything?'' Clove asks me. I'm looking at the two small silver boxes inside the sponsor. ''He probably hates us.'' I say. The boxes have written our names on top of it. I open the one with my name on it. ''What's inside?'' She asks me. When I make sure I can see it, I see a silver ring. Inside the ring the name 'Clove' is engraved. I give Clove's box to her. I slide the ring onto my finger. It fits perfectly. It's comfortable and light. I see Clove staring at hers. ''It's beautiful.'' She says. I drop the sponsor box on the ground and walk towards her. I take the ring out of her hands and slip it on her finger. Then, I kiss her hand. She blushed, and kisses me. When I pull away, I decide to pack our stuff and leave.