[1] naksu

the bitterly cold wind was blowing through the frozen lake of gyeongcheondaeho. the snow, the gloomy weather, the mountains made it even more chilling.

in the middle of the lake, there stood naksu, facing a group of mages and their leader, park jin.

"so you are naksu, the shadow assassin who has been killed the mages in the city" sangho, park jin's assistant pointed.

"they call me naksu, for wherever i go, heads fall to the ground. a beautiful name, is it not?" she smirked.

"kill her" park jin ordered.

his people took their bows and arrows and fired them at sangho's command. naksu unsheathed her sword and created a barrier of thick ice using her energy.

park jin stepped up and summoned his bow and arrow. his arrow broke through the ice but naksu avoided it effortlessly.

the mages surrounded and came at her one after one. she slashed them mercilessly. the clinking of swords made harsh noises. she gathered a huge ball of energy threw it towards the mages causing them to fall.

suddenly, with a huge splash of water, she vanished. then again she came out through the swirling water.

park jin had already summoned his arrow. though this time, she could not avoid it. she rolled into the ice and groaned in pain. a tense sword fight took place. both mages very powerful, they fought for awhile until she could not anymore due to her injury.

she broke the ice and went inside the icy water.

"do not let her go. capture her"

"yes my lord" the mages shouted.

[ahyeon]

[ahyeon]

"did you hear? naksu is dead!" the shopkeeper said.

"i heard she tried to shift souls but she failed" said her customer.

naksu. people called her so because heads fell to the ground wherever she went. a beautiful name, indeed it is.

i was assisted by my maid, lee dain. we were heading to songrim upon the request of songrim's leader, lord park.

along our way, the commoners were bowing to us. i smiled at them in return.

ㅤ