S3xE3: Scream Machine

Start from the beginning

Henry raised his hand, as if he were in school. "France."

"No."

"Energy Balls." Ray answered.

"Wrong."

"Orange Juice." Schwoz was still thinking about his show.

"Dang it."

"Double A batteries!" Jasper shouted, thinking he was right.

"No!"

"Ooo, oo!" Dylan raised his hand in the same fashion Henry had moments ago. "Screaming?"

"Yes! Finally someone has a brain around here!" Charlotte was always glad to have Dylan around, as he was sometimes the sanest person in the room. "As you're about to see, my Scream Machine creates energy from sound."

Charlotte called on Jasper to help her demonstrate her machine, which meant shocking him with electricity so he'd yell out in pain and make her machine work. No one in the room cared that Jasper was basically just tortured, and instead focused their attention on Charlotte who was explaining how the mechanics of her machine worked. They were all impressed with her work, but Schwoz wanted to take it a step further. He blasted an air horn into the machine, watching as it overloaded the system. Charlotte, Henry, and Dylan tried to get him to stop, but the machine exploded moments later, ruining it. Jasper decided it was the perfect time to go back upstairs and resume working, booking it out of the room at an ungodly speed.

To say that Charlotte was mad was an understatement. She was absolutely livid, having spent so long on her machine only to have someone break it caused her to see red. It wasn't long before she had Schwoz pinned to the ground, bending his leg in such a way it caused pain.

"Four months!" She screamed at Schwoz. "I worked on that project for four months!" Henry and Ray had to step in to pry the girl of Schwoz. "I was finally going to win first place at The Gizmo Show! But Schwoz had to go wreck my Scream Machine and ruin my chances!"

"Look, just calm down." Henry tried to make his friend feel better, but it was no use.

"Hey! Never tell a woman to calm down!"

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to—"

"Never tell a woman to calm down."

"Okay."

"Say it with me," Charlotte brought one of her hands up to Henry's jaw, moving it as she spoke, "'Never tell a woman to calm down.' Do you get it?"

"Yes, I promise!"

"Charlotte, this really isn't the disaster you that think it is." Ray tried to reason with her.

"But the Gizmo Show is on Monday and look what Schwoz did to my project!"

"Okay, but Schwoz is a scientific genius and he has all weekend to rebuild your Scream Machine, which he will."

"No!" Schwoz already had an issue with the plan. "This week I am supposed to get my colonoscopy."

"Reschedule it!" Ray shouted at him, like it was the easiest thing in the world.

"I'll just reschedule it."

"But," Charlotte pulled everyone's attention back to her and her broken project, "the rules state that every kid has to build their own gizmo without the help from a parent or any other adult. It has to be my work."

"It is your work." Ray didn't sound too confident with his words.

"Yeah, Schwoz is just gonna recreate the project you made." Henry chimed in, also not sounding super confident, but if it got Charlotte to agree, then it would work.