Chapter 15- Lucky

Start from the beginning

El is dumbfounded but holding an emotionless face. On one hand the logical side of her brain is saying Nadir's right but, on the other hand her brain thinks that since Nat is her friend she should side with her.

At the end, she decides to stay quiet and see what happens enjoying the free entertainment.

The twins kept going back and forth until Natalya mentioned something that peeked Eleanor's interest.

"Well atlest El doesn't have to deal with all her brothers."

"Yeah, well-"

"Hold on," Eleanor cut Nadir off. "What do you mean 'I don't have to deal with all of them'?"

"Didn't they tell you that a few have their own house?" Nat asks.

"No. Didn't even mention it. Infact they very much look like they live here." El commented.

"Francesco could have told them about you and they decided to come see you."

"Maybe."

Eleanor didn't want to believe it. There's no way they drove from their own homes to their old one just to see her.

"Wait so which ones have their own house?" El questions.

"Uh Matteo, Lorenzo and the eldest pair of twins, Gino and Giovanni. The rest all live there."

This new information interested Eleanor. For one she could worry less, key word being less, about Matteo figuring her out. And that's jut less people for her to get used to.

"So wait are any of them dating or married?" Now this question tickled Eleanor's brain a bit. Surely one out of all the males in the house have someone.

"Well we know Alexander is seeing someone, and that Lorenzo is engaged, but... other then that there isn't anyone else. Unless they're keeping it a secret." Nadir explained pouting at the last statement, acting sad at the fact that any of his close friends would keep it a secret if they were dating.

Now this surely is interesting. Who are the mysterious girls that are dating Eleanor's so called brothers? Are they part of a Mafia? Do they know their lovers are a part of their own Mafia? Do they know about Eleanor? Most important does she know them?

All these questions were running around her head. At this point she doesn't know what to think. There could be a possibility that she saw them or had business with them somewhere. Unfortunately no one comes to mind.

Looking at Natalya, Eleanor can tell that she isn't telling her something. Firstly she isn't looking at El, secondly she is curling her hair around her finger. A tick Eleanor caught on that helps her realise that her best friend is lying or nervous

She doesn't say anything though, thinking that Nat wants to tell her between just the two of them.

Thinking back on what Nadir said, could it actually be possible that Matteo, who is 33, isn't with anyone. And she has all these questions running around in her head.

"Eleanor?" She hears a voice saying bringing her out of her daze.

"Yeah"

"We have to go. Mum just called us, said we're going out. I'll call you later." Nat explains.

"Oh yeah sure, hope you have fun. Say hi for me and you better call I'll be waiting."

"I promise. Bye."

"Bye nice talking to you." Nadir waves as Natalya cuts the call.

Eleanor falls back, her head landing on the pillows, her eyes covered by her arm, and her legs holding a criss cross position with her laptop resting on them.

All this new information is exhausting her. Not just that but everything. She hasn't been given any breaks between one surprise and another.

First, she finds out she is related to one of the biggest mafia families, then she moves to Italy leaving her friends behind. One of the brothers hates her and her guts, she has to deal with Alexander's and Matteo's persistence to figure her out.

She finds out that not all the males live in the same house as her, she apparently has two future sister in laws and lastly she has to do her very best to hide her scars and bruises so the others won't find out.

On the other hand there's Natalaya worried for her friend. Nat knows what El's like, but doesn't blame her. If she were in her situation she would react the same way. But something is nagging at her.

Almost making her want to lash out at El but doesn't know why. She wouldn't do it obviously, not if she didn't have a reason to.

She wants to do everything in her power to help Eleanor. She wants to convince her to open up to the Russo's. She wants to see her friend happy, to show her that she has a family that aren't her friends.

That there are people that care about her. That the people she has been looking for exit, but she understands. She understands the pain that causes you to not trust someone. What trauma can do. She knows because she felt it.

What happened to Natalya may not be as bad as what Eleanor endured, but it is something both girls have had to go through. A thing Eleanor endured multiple times. While Nat only experienced it once.

The fear of not being able to trust someone. How she was afraid of her own family, how it affected them. Nat's family saw how traumatised she was and gave her the sapce she needed.

Nat was thankful for it all. Thankful the patience from both her friends and family. Thankful for the help, for the reassurance, and Eleanor helping her even when she was battling her own demons.

Those two girls share everything and anything. What ever happens to one the other will know. They love and trust eachother like with noone else does.

In their words they are lucky.

––––––––

A/N

Words: 1583

Hey lovelies hopefully this was a shorter wait for this chapter and the next one is in process. I hope you like this one. I wanted to capture a bit of Nat's and El's relationship. I think it's really sweet and adorable. What do you guys think happened to Natalya?

Hope you guys liked this chapter don't forget to comment and vote. Now for the chapterly question. What book are you currently reading? I'm reading Shatter Me .

As always have a lovely day or night.

Xoxo

Purple-writer