Chapter XV. Old Town

Start from the beginning

"You love her. You really do love her. You poor fool. She'll be the end of you."

"Possibly. Not much to be gained from discussing it with you though, is there?"

"What better person to discuss it with? What better guarantee could you have that the things you say will never leave this room? Your wife. But perhaps you're right. If she's driven you this far it's gone beyond your control."

"Yes, it has."

"She's a disease. I regret my role in spreading it. You will too."

"I think we're done here." he stands up and moves closer to her.

"How will it happen?"

"Cersei had several ideas. Whipping you through the streets and beheading you in front of the Red Keep. Flaying you alive and hanging you from the walls of King's Landing. I talked her out of those."

Olenna looks up at Jaime. Jaime produces a small vial from a pouch on his belt and pops the cork off with his thumb. He pours the contents of the vial into one of the glasses of wine and slides it in front of Olenna.

"Will there be pain?"

"No. I made sure of that."

"That's good" she reaches out and takes the wine. She drinks the entire cup. She looks back to Jaime "I'd hate to die like your son clawing at my neck, foam, and bile spilling from my mouth, eyes blood red, skin purple. It must have been horrible for you as a Kingsguard, as a father. It was horrible enough for me. A shocking scene. Not at all what I intended. You see, I'd never seen the poison work before. Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me."

Jaime's face twists in anger. He turns and walks out of the room leaving Olenna alone.

》》》》《《《《

Lyanna POV

In Hightower, the high hall. Leyton argues with his men. Leyton says "They get in, all of them, its just time and they will arrive at the high hall."

I whistle and Leyton turns his attention to me as I sit on the Hightower high seat. I smile smugly "I arrive"

Leyton takes out his sword "You will not walk out of this hall alive"

I laugh "What a threat, you will order you to kill me again or something" We hear the lion roar "I forget to mention, the lions are part of the army" We hear the HREEE of the dragons. I smile "Your nephew arrived"

Leyton glares at me "You can not take Hightower"

"Who said I want Hightower" Baelor Hightower gets in and holds his sword "But he wants"

Bash says "Is time to step aside father. you aged"

The dragon Jaegar and his rider Daeron Targaryen circle around the tower.

I stand "So Lord Leyton, you will bend the knee to me and give your son the tower key"

Bash says "The Lannister forces are near and they will arrive soon, you will not bend the knee to Cersei the woman who burned your grandchildren alive, your daughter became a widow because of her"

I say "Put him in chains"

They chained Leyton. Leyton says "I want one thing"

Bash nods "Say it"

Leyton says "A question. Are you the one who killed my sister Malia?"

I say "If I said will you help with something"

"Yes"

"I did, I burned her with wildfyre"

"How did you get in?"