She was so excited to get back home, only because she knew Von would do his big one for her. He always did.

They both were bought out of their own worlds when the door knocked, opening not even two seconds later.

In walked Polo along with Benji, both of them holding two bouquets of flowers in their hands. They also held food from Chick-Fil-A in their unoccupied hand.

"Happy Valentine's Day, lil girl." Polo walked up to Dakota, handing her both of the bouquets. He also handed her the bag of food and a drink.

"Thank you, Mazzi. I love your soul." She smiled hard, allowing him to peck her forehead.

Meanwhile Benji went to greet Ayuri, sweetly kissing her lips theee times and handing her the same items.

When he was done, he walked the other bouquet of flowers to Dakota who smiled in response.

She was grateful but she wasn't surprised. They did this for her every single year for as long as she could remember.

"Happy V-Day Koko." He grinned as he gave her a side hug.

She respectfully hugged him back, having an identical expression on her face. "Thank you Benjamin."

"What y'all got goin?" Benji questioned the both of them as Dakota opened the heart shaped tray of nuggets.

She immediately opened the polynesian sauce, ignoring the question as she indulged in the much needed meal.

"Nothing, we were just working. Thank you for the food, sexy." She responded to Benji in an obviously softer voice than she usually spoke in.

"You welcome, beautiful." He replied, smacking his lips when he heard Polo dramatically gag.

"If y'all finna fuck, go do that shit somewhea' else. On gang." Polo grimaced while he stole one of Dakota's nuggets.

She paused her movements, staring at him with a blank face. "Why the fuck would you touch my shit?"

"Shordy got twenty four nuggets and she worried about one." Benji instigated as Dakota closed the container, fanning her eyes so she wouldn't cry.

"Dakota, I know you ain't finna cry 'bout a fuckin' piece ah food." Polo sucked his teeth, watching two stray tears stream down her face slowly but surely.

She got up out of her seat, pushing Polo away when he tried to touch her. "Leave me alone. Damn."

She angrily stormed away to the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

At that second, Polo and Benji exchanged looks with the same thought popping up in their head simultaneously.

"She pregnant, ain't it?"

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀
𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟏𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐
𝟏𝟏:𝟒𝟗𝐀𝐌

"It's rude, Von. It was my food and he just took it like it was nothing. Like I'm nothing." Dakota sniffed, staring at Von through the facetime call.

He ran his hand down his face, pulling the red Canada Goose hat further down on his head. "You gon' be straight, baby. It ain't naan' but a nugget. I'a buy you some mo' lata."

"You promise?"

"I promise, mama. Stop cryin', I luh you." He responded, feeling a weight removed from his shoulders when she cracked a small smile.

He sighed in relief, finally being able to get her in good spirits after a whole thirty minutes of her crying about one chicken nugget.

"I love you too. You look so good by the way." She smiled, using a paper towel to dry her tears away.