Bon Fire

"Hey, guys. So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me." Pope said as we set up a bon fire, "So what's this mandatory meeting about?"

"And what this about you and you kissing." JJ said pointing to John b then to me.

"You ready for this?" John b asked as I sat between his legs, his arms wrapped around my stomach, "So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant.

"Oh, my god. Here we go again with this." Pope said, and he was angry, I could tell.

"Just hear him out, please?" I asked giving Pope a look.

"It's been here the whole time. It's on the island." John b said looking from Pope and JJ to Kie.

"Are you serious?" Kie said shocked, "Oh, my god."

"I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope said as John b got up, but caught my head before I fell.

Okay, even I have to admit that was cute. Most people would have just let me fall, and then laughed.

"I'm sure you would, Pope, but can Bella and I please present you with my evidence, sir?" John b asked pulling me to my feet and we stood on top of a log.

"Proceed." Pope said but I could tell that he really didn't want to hear any part of this.

"All right. So, in my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny." John b said as I handed him the letter and he smiled.

"Who the hell's that?" Kie asked.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck." I explained as John b unfolded the letter.

"Check this out." He said giving her the letter.

"What?" She asked confused as she looked at me then to John b.

"Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship." I explained as John b added on.

"But my dad, he found the complete manifest." John b explained.

"That was his big discovery." I clarified.

"So Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom." John b continued to explain as Kie passed the letter to JJ who handed it to Pope.

"After that, he bought his farm." I added.

"Drumroll, please, because that is..." John b said as I patted my knees, "Tannyhill Plantation."

"Tannyhill?" Kie asked as I did jazz hands.

"Yeah. So, after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit ton of rice, which pisses off all the white planters, and then they decided to lynch him." John b explained.

"So on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter, he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold." I explained as I walked behind Kie, looking at her as I popped my head to her left side.

"Where?" She whisper asked as I looked at John b.

"Harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water." John b explained as I walked back towards him.

"Except...there's no wheat." I added.

"You see, wheat is code for gold. Check this out. The gold is in parcel nine, near the water." John b said.

"Holy shit." Pope mumbled.

"All we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold." John b exclaimed happily as he hugged me.