Son Goku

Goku: HIIIYA!

Wiz: Kakarot was born to a low class saiyan warrior on the planet Vegeta. He narrowly escaped extinction of his entire race when he was sent to Earth with a single, simple mission.

Boomstick: DESTROY EVERYTHING! Then he conveniently bumped his head and forgot about it all.

Wiz: Dubbed Goku by his adopted Grandfather, his life revolves around Combat. He cares little for anything else... unless food is involved.

Goku: Can I have another bowl, please? (Causing everyone around him to fall down in shock.)

Boomstick: At 12 years old, he was trained by Master Roshi in Kame-sennin Ryu, which pushes a person to superhuman levels.

Wiz: Complimenting his Saiyan biology, Goku's superhuman strength, speed and senses skyrocketed. He developed numerous fighting Techniques, including the fast moving after-image and the dragonthrow, his trademark grapple.

Boomstick: At 15, he was already so powerful that the only teachers left that were worthy enough were gods. And a talking cat. But mostly GODS! He was only a kid and his power level was already enormous.

Vegeta: It's over 9 THOUSA-

Boomstick: Not Yet!

(Fast forwarding till up to this point)

Boomstick: Ok, now it is.

Nappa: What, 9 THOUSAND?!

Wiz: FALSE! In the Japanese Manga, Goku's power level at that was 8 thousand. But it doesn't even matter because Power Levels are Absurd. The entire point of introducing them was to show how unreliable and meaningless they were. By relying on Power Levels, the villains constantly underestimated the heroes, therefore using to measure goku's abilities is pointless. Besides, The Daizenshuu Say's that-

Boomstick: the Dai-what now?

Wiz: The official Dragon Ball encyclopedia- it that Power Levels eventually become immeasurable. Not because that their so high that they can't be measured, but because the characters, and hopefully the audience, have realised just how futile these numbers were.

Raditz: I'm still 10x stronger than you are!

Goku: That maybe true, but Strength isn't the only thing that matters.

Wiz: We cannot judge Goku by his power level, nor can we through power scaling. The theory that he can achieve the same feats as lesser Dragon Ball Characters. Goku's abilities are tailored to his personal training and experience, not to mention anatomy.

Frieza: I can breathe in Space and you can't.

Boomstick: However, Goku DOES have a nack for mimicking ki techniques.

Wiz: Ki is Metaphysical, made up of things such as Vigor, Courage, and being in one's true mind.

Boomstick: It's basically a natural life energy and is a fundamental component of Daoist medicine and martial Arts. Oh and, uh, its NOT Magic.

Wiz: Dragonball creates a VERY distinct difference between Ki and Magic. Ki is dependent on the physical abilities of the user, and Magic users like Babidi are clearly using something different. Goku harnesses and uses Ki his Ki energy-