Tanjiro performs a breathing move on a tree and cuts it down causing it to fall and trap the father demon under it.

Inosuke: *popping out of the water* What the heck? What's going on?

Tanjiro: *standing on the tree stump* Inosuke! Are you okay?

Inosuke: *looking at tanjiro* Did that guy do it? Damn, he's good.

Tanjiro: All right. At this rate, I can chop off even the toughest neck. Water Breathing: The last and strongest form.

Inosuke: His breath has changed. It seems that he is going to do something amazing.

Tanjiro: I'll finish him off with one move! Total Concentration Breathing. Water Breathing - Tenth Form!

The father demon finally lifts the tree off of him and swings it at tanjiro, interrupting his attack as Tanjiro's sword gets caught on the tree. The father demon follows through with the swing as it throws Tanjiro across the forest.

Tanjiro: Damn it!

Inosuke: Watch out! Kentaro!

Tanjiro: *flying away* Inosuke! Before I come back, don't die! That guy is from Twelve Demon Moons! You can't die! Don't die! You mustn't die! As Tanjiro flys over the trees the father demon approaches inosuke and looms over him. Inosuke slowly turns around and looks up at him as the father demon prepares a punch for inosuke.

Inosuke: Oh, no!

Zenitsu: I can't breathe properly. I can't feel...my limbs at all. Kaaru. I'm sorry.

Kaaru, kneeling next to her can only feel helpless as he watches her struggle to stay alive until he feels someone approaching. He stands with his sword at the ready, ready to protect Zenitsu with his life.

Kaaru: Someone's coming!

Jigoro's voice: Don't give up! Don't give up! Don't give up!

Zenitsu: I can't give up.

Kaaru tenses hearing her voice as well as the butterflies suddenly appearing. Shinobu descends from the sky like a butterfly catching Kaaru and Zenitsu's attention.

Zenitsu: Who are you?

Kaaru: *with a hardened face* Who are you and state your purpose.

Shinobu: *ignoring him* Hello. Are you okay?

Tanjiro: *falling from the sky* Water Breathing: Second form - Water Wheel!

Tanjiro spins as he lands on his back and tumbles forward hitting a tree, succefully landing safely.

Tanjiro: I somehow landed safely.

Tanjiro's head snaps in another direction as he hears a woman in distress.

Woman: I beg you. Please stop!

Tanjiro walks and crouches down to see Rui abusing one of his "siblings". The sister demon holds her face whimpering as tears and blood drip down from it.

Rui: What are you looking at? This isn't a play you know.

Tanjiro: What are you doing? Aren't you guys comrades?

Rui: Comrades? Don't group us with that kind of fragile relationship. We are a family. There's a strong bond between us. Not to mention, this is my problem with my older sister. If you butt in, I'll cut you into pieces.

Tanjiro: That's not right. Be it your family or comrade, if there is a strong bond between each other, you are equally precious to each other. Just because there isn't a blood relation, you said it's fragile. That's definitely not true! If you two are connected by a strong bond, I'll be able to smell trust. But I could only smell fear, hatred, and terror from you two. That's not a bond. It's fake. It's a forged bond!