Cruelty

Kie: Tanjiro you're face is covered in soot.(walks over and starts cleaning his face) Let me clean you up. You know Kaaru is waiting for you in town.

Tanjiro: I have to meet Kaaru in town, so we can sell all the charcoal we can.

Kie: How thoughtful of you.

Shigeru: Tanjiro! Are you going to town today?!

Hanako: Yeah I'm coming with you!

Kie: No you're not, you know you can't walk as fast as Tanjiro.

Shigeru: Aww come on mom!

Kie: No way he's not gonna be able to use the cart today, which means he can't give you a ride when you get tired.

Shigeru : Tanjiro(runs to Tanjiro and gives him a hug)

Hanako: (walks up to Tanjiro a bit more) I want to come with you. I promise I'll help out.

Tanjiro: (pats her head)That's very generous of you Hanako, but no. You're staying home today

Hanako: Awww!

Tanjiro: (crouches down and caresses his face) Sorry Shigeru, but you too. But I'll bring back goodies, okay?

Shigeru: Promise?!

Tanjiro: Yeah, and Hanako I'll read to you when I get home later.

Hanako: Kay!

Kie: Thank you for doing this Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: Of course. Time for me to head out and help Kaaru give out the charcoal. Hey Takeo? Do me a favor while I'm gone, chop as much wood as you can.

Takeo: Yeah I was already gonna do that anyway. (Looking away) But I was kinda hoping we would do that together this time. Hmph

Tanjiro: (walks up to Takeo and pats his head) There there!

Takeo: Hey knock it off!

Shigeru: Hey! You're blushing Takè!

Takeo: Shut up you brat!

Tanjiro: (pats Takeo's head with both hands) There there now!

Takeo: I told you to cut it out! (Everyone except Takeo laughs)

Everyone: See you when you get back!!
(Tanjiro waves at everyone as he walks away.

Nezuko: Hi Tanjiro!

Tanjiro: (walking up to her) Hey Nezuko.

Nezuko: I had to put Rokuta down for a nap now. Otherwise he would throw a fit. Ever since he laid eyes on Kaaru he's been glued to him since.(Tanjiro pats Rokuta's head) In fact it seems everyone looks up to him.

Tanjiro: (smiles warmly) Yeah

Nezuko: (close eyes smile) I'll see you when you get back!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(At the village)

Kaaru: Oi Tanjiro it took ya long enough to get here jeez!

Tanjiro: Sorry I was held up by everyone.(Starts walking with Kaaru)

Old lady: Tanjiro, Kaaru! You boys came down the mountain on a day like today?! Don't you ever stop working? You could catch a cold

Tanjiro: Its not as bad as you think. Do you need a refill on charcoal by any chance?

Elderly guy1: Tanjiro! I'll take some charcoal!

Elderly guy2: I'm good! Kaaru already gave me some! Also thanks for fixing my sliding doors the other day Kaaru!