12. Remember your place

Start bij het begin

I smile coldly at her as she watches me her mouth agape "is that what you were looking for?"

Bellatrix narrows her eyes "someone has been doing their homework on curses."

I see her movement and draw my wand up quickly casting a shield as she begins to shoot spell after spell at me.

"You need to perfect your silent magic!" She screams loudly as she continues to jab and swipe her wand in the air at me, light fills the room as spells hit my shield over and over again.

I stumble back holding my wand with two hands in front of me, the impact of the spells on the shield cause me to fall backwards hitting the ground below me. My shield stays in place however I am left laying on my back my arms in the air keeping that faithful blocking spell in place.

Bellatrix smiles coldly down at me "you're not as good as me yet girl." She turns on her heel walking from the room her wild hair following after her like a dark shadow.

"You got the summons as well then?" I walk down the large staircase coming up behind Draco who is stood staring at the large front door.

Draco nods silently his eyes fixated on the closed wooden door.

After three days of training with Bellatrix and Snape I can feel all energy drained from my body. I was looking forward to my last night at the manor, I was hoping to spend it alone in my room with a book from the Malfoy library. Instead this morning I had awoken to a piece of parchment on my bedside table with the words "be downstairs in the foyer tonight at 7pm to greet your guests. Dress appropriately."

Having had no idea who had sent the message I thought it better to wear a dress suitable for the kind of guests I'm sure attend Malfoy Manor. I had searched through the few clothes I had with absolutely no luck.

Thankfully Draco seemed to have sensed I would struggle finding a gown in time, at exactly 5pm he had knocked on my bedroom door with a collection of his mothers old gowns.

Looking through the vintage dresses filled me with such sadness as I knew how much Narcissa would enjoy me wearing one of her dresses tonight. My eyes seemed to immediately draw to a beautiful silk and chiffon dress, the green was brighter than I had expected considering I had only seen Narcissa in dark colours.

Draco tenses besides me as cracks can be heard outside the front of the manor, he looks at me out of the corner of his eye "do exactly as I do. Don't speak to anyone, hold your head up high. You're above all of them okay? You're The Dark Lords daughter, they are not allowed to speak to you let alone make eye contact as far as you're concerned okay?"

I nod my head inching slightly closer to him as the large wooden door opens silently, the dark sky outside is illuminated by the moon which casts an eerie light on the three figures entering the manor.

Three men walk in with silver masks on their faces and dark robes hanging from their bodies. The first approaches Draco holding out his arm, Draco's jaw is tight as he grabs the man's arm just beneath the elbow in greeting.

Draco lifts his head up his face now an uncaring mask "Rowle." He nods to the two men who have stayed by the door "Goyle, Colburn."

The men all nod in unison at Draco, Rowle's eyes seem to drift towards me. His eyes flicker behind his mask as he looks me up and down, thankfully I can't see the expression on his face but I don't doubt it is vile.