getting settled in

[ gender isn't really specified, the reader goes by they/them. You can imagine how they look themselves, etc. there will be some jokes about 'being a girl' or something, but the characters can't really tell if ur male or female, enough talking you'll see.]

Every good story starts in summer, like this one. I can't exactly say this story is good, since, well. You'll see, but it was summer, getting expelled and being homeschooled for half a year. You really weren't looking forward to a new school, but there was no room to argue with your parents. You felt the car go over another speed bump '23..' you thought to yourself, you had been counting speed bumps, cars. Trees, anything to get your mind off the agonizing boredom. Your imagination and mind being the only thing that didn't drive you insane, if you weren't already.

"I just don't know if its the right place.." your father whispered to your mother, her having her eyes fixed on the road. She was currently driving, since they took turns.

"What else is there?.. they got kicked out of every near school" your mother whispered back, you could tell by the feeling she was glancing at you through the little mirror that hung from the car roof. You continued looking out the window, pretending not to accidentally hear them ease dropping. You kinda felt bad, but it wasn't your fault that the education system was fucked.

"They'll be gone for an entire year.."

"Hun, they'll be fine.. besides, we drove all this way. We can't turn back now. We're almost there."

You noticed you were driving through a tunnel, soon being met by a small town. Sweet, your school was near some shops, maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. You could already imagine the shopping spree's you'd go on. Eating lots of yummy food without your parents complaining about health. You grinned to yourself, it didn't take long for the car to come to a stop.

You looked down at your feet where your bag was, the principals email said you didn't have to bring anything, cause the school provided everything. But you still wanted to bring some things, like a tooth brush. And a sketch book. Maybe your favorite stuffed animal, but we don't talk about that right now.

"Well.. this is it." Your mom looked at you, having a sad look. You could tell she was gonna miss you. You smiled, giving your mom a hug, along with your dad. But it was kinda awkward, being in a car.

"Try not to get expelled champ." Your dad muttered, half joking half serious. You chuckled, stepping out of the car. "No promises." You mutter, closing the door shut. Your dad rolled down the window, smiling sadly

"You sure we shouldn't come in with you?"

"Pa, i'll be fine. Chill, i'll be back before you know it. Enjoy the time you have off." You chuckled softly, your dad wiping away a fake tear. "Alright hun, have a good year. We love you, we'll send letters!" Your mom called out, driving off while your dad waved.

You sigh to yourself, glad your parents didn't insist on coming with to the principals office, it would be a pain to get embarrassed this early in the school year, immediately be known as 'the clingy kid that cries to their parents' ugh.. what a pain, oh well.. you felt kinda pumped for this year.. bullworth won't know what hit em

You walked through the gate, feeling a slight wave of excitement and dread run over you. You didn't really know what to expect, you immediately felt like everyone was staring at you. Judging you from afar, still. You continued walking, taking mental notes on your surroundings. 'Alright.. so there's the girls and boys dorm..' you thought to yourself