Chapter - 17- Get stone

Magsimula sa umpisa

Rimuru : " Sorry. It's just that I need stone from your mines to repair a bridge you see. "

Guard 1 : " An unknown Ninja? Don't make me laugh! You definitely do not look like a construction worker to me! "

Rimuru : " It's the truth. Would you believe me If I had told you the name on one of your customers that you regularly supply stone to? "

Guard 2 : " And what is that supposed to verify? "

Rimuru : " Tazuna. The bridge master. I am a Ninja hired by him and I have been tasked to help with repairs of the bridge currently undergoing construction. "

Guard 1 : "Knowing his name will also not be enough. Bringing him here personally could help. "

Rimuru : ( Well.... I don't want Tazuna to help me out here... because of the challenge. How can I convince them? )

Rimuru : " Is there a way for me to convince you? "

Guard 2 : " Like we said. You'd need to get a conformation that you are indeed a subordinate of our client. Or that you would be a client yourself. To be a client you'd have to seek out our boss."

Rimuru : " Is he here? "

Guard 2 : " No he is not. Currently he is in an another mine overseeing work. "

Rimuru : " Great. " I said with a sly smile.

Rimuru : " How about we make a little deal. "

I said and pulled out a case out of seemingly nowhere. The guard looked at me confused as to how or where did I get that briefcase from.

Rimuru : " 1,000,000 ryo for each of you if you let me pass. " I said as I opened the case full of money.

The two guards looked at the contains of my case stupefied.

Rimuru : " And besides! I am trustworthy! I won't be destroying or stealing anything I'm here to simply do business but am on a tight schedule. "

The guards didn't listen to me rambling and instead kept their greedy eyes on the money inside my little case. 

The two regained composure and senses to answer me.

Guard 1 : "W-well. If you do promise not to cause trouble in your visit then I have no reason to stop you. "

Guard 2 : " T-that's right. Besides, how can we scam our boss out of a good deal. "

Rimuru : ( What deal and what boss are they talking about here exactly? ) I asked ironically in my mind.

Rimuru : " Well then. We have a deal. " I said and took their hand to shake them.

The two guard nodded their heads and took the briefcase out of my hands and opened the gates.

After I had walked inside they also quickly closed the gates behind me.

I looked around a little in search of someone who could get me what I need and I spot an old man wearing miner gear standing in front of a large hole with a bunch on people with pickaxes hammers and chisels knocking away at the rocky ground. He's holding notes and writing in them after someone comes up to him and they briefly speak. That means that he should be the one in charge. 

I decided that I would ask him.

Before I approached him I changed my outfit to an expensive looking suit. It was jet black with gold colored shirt and a super dark tie with a glistening golden dragon design on it. I put on a face of a ruler that I usually present to my citizens and people that I meet with for business.