Chapter 46 - Round 1 - Inazuma Japan vs Big Waves!

Start from the beginning

"See if you can figure it out yourself." Kidou smirked before getting in position for the corner, "just pass me the ball if you get it."

Dolphin whipped the ball into the box and James headed the ball out for Kidou who started Japan's counterattack. He was quickly caught up but was glad that this was the case. They surrounded him and tried tackling him but this time Kidou was keeping the ball with outstanding ball control.

"Push in more! What's giving you such a hard time!?" Dolphin asked, even though he was apart of the Box Lock too.

Kidou flicked the ball up and then was able to find a pass to James, I finally understand Kidou.

James was also surrounded but was able to break through "Box Lock Defence" and find a pass to Fubuki and he used "Wolf Legend". Baker slashed his hand through the air and the ball entered an ocean where it lost its power and was stopped, "Great Barrier Reef".

He kicked the ball but Gouenji intercepted the pass and straightaway used "Bakunetsu Storm" but the shot was stopped again by "Great Barrier Reef".

He kicked the ball off the pitch and the substitution boards were held up to indicate a change in midfield and defence for Big Waves.

Kazemaru took Japan's throw in and threw it to Midorikawa and this time he was only being approached by one of the subbed in players. They smashed their hands onto the ground and rocks started coming up from the ground and it rose up from beneath Midorikawa and threw him into the air, "Gravestone".

He passed the ball to Summers who flicked the ball, turned and kicked it with the soles of his feet into Kogure, "Kangaroo Kick".

James slid in and recuperated the ball before passing to Kidou, someone slid in and he jumped over it but this left him prone to another sliding tackle which caught him at his lower shin and a free kick was awarded to Japan.

"Are you okay Kidou?" James asked.

"I'm fine."

James took the freekick and passed to Kidou but as he took one step, he fell down and the first half ended there. James helped Kidou to the bench and the rest of the team trudged to the bench as well.

"He can't play for the rest of the match!" Haruna said after treatment.

"Kidou, I'm taking you off." Kudou said, "replacing him will be Toramaru."

What!? Fudou thought.

"Fubuki, hang in midfield to trim off any attacks and Toramaru, you'll take Kidou's role, bring the ball up."

"Is it okay for me to do such an important role?"

"You will do it."

"Yes sir."

"Don't worry about it, we'll all be behind you!" Tsunami smiled.

"And Tsunami."

"Am I getting subbed off too?"

"No. But it seems that you didn't follow my orders yesterday and escaped, didn't you?"

"You knew?"

"So for that reason, you're going to score a goal with your new technique."

 "But it's not complete."

"Because you haven't envisioned it in your head. The hint to complete it is on the field. Show them that the ocean's yours!"

Jaws and Reef made their way up the pitch in the second half but Toramaru was able to intercept their pass.

Two midfielders tried to pincer him from the sides but he jumped and passed the ball to Gouenji who used "Bakunetsu Storm" but it was stopped by "Great Barrier Reef".

"Just what you'd expect from one of the tournament favourites." James said, "but if we don't break through it soon then our chances of qualifying will decrease."

He kicked the ball to Jaws and a double sliding tackle from Midorikawa and James got the ball off him. Midorikawa made a run and James passed to Toramaru who drew a defender in then passed to Midorikawa who used "Astro Break" but the shot was stopped by "Great Barrier Reef".

Baker passed to Dolphin who tried to start an attack but he was tackled by Toramaru.

"Pass it here!" Tsunami shouted as he burst from the defence.

Toramaru passed it back to Tsunami and he used "Tsunami Boost" which was stopped by "Great Barrier Reef". He kicked it to Dolphin and he beat James to a header, heading it to Jaws who ran onto the ball and used "Megalodon" but Endou evolved and used "Seigi no Tekken G3" to punch the shot away.

James volleyed the ball into the air for Tsunami and he jumped onto the ball was ontop of a huge wave, "The Typhoon", breaking past "Great Barrier Reef" and equalising for Japan.

The game quickly restarted with both sides eager to get the winning point, which would put them in a good position for qualification.

"Coach Kudou!" Kidou said, "it's clear that we've only been able to fight equal to Australia because of your command. It's obvious that you're not the type of coach to render a team useless, so what happened at Sakurazaki?"

"There's no need for you to know."

"Coach!"

"Hang on, Kidou." Hibiki said, "I'll explain. Sakurazaki was one of the favourite for the preliminary finals but days before the final, they got into a fight with the scheduled opposition and caused an injury."

"And that team was.....!"

"Correct. It was Teikoku Gakuen. Kageyama was likely behind it. When the incident was publicised, the club was disbanded and the members lost their right to play football so Kudou took the blame and withdrew from the team and his coach qualifications were taken from him and only given back recently, so I offered him the job of coaching Inazuma Japan."

With the game reaching its dying moments, Japan wanted to attack but were being forced to pass back. With the ball now with Kabeyama he didn't know what to do and Jaws left his mark of Kogure and was charging towards him from behind.

"Dribble Kabeyama, remember what Coach Kudou said!" James said.

What he said...... 'I don't want a defence that thinks about defence only...'

Kabeyama started to dribble forward but Jaws caught up with him and started to get physical but Kabeyama stood firm and was able to hold onto the ball and pass it to Midorikawa, "Nice one Kabeyama!"

Midorikawa dodged a sliding tackle and offloaded the ball to James who passed it to Toramaru, "Shoot Toramaru!"

Instead, he kicked it into the air for Gouenji who didn't use Bakunetsu Storm, he began to spin as a flame spiral circled him but Dolphin tracked back and headed the ball clear and the final whistle blew, ending the game as a 1-1 draw.

"Toramaru, why didn't you shoot?" Gouenji asked.

"I just thought you would do better than me in that situation."

"Don't worry about it Gouenji." James said, "a point is a point, we just need to win our other two games then we'll still progress. But we have to thank Coach Kudou that we were even able to draw this game."

"How could we not even beat Japan." Dolphin said as he clenched the grass, "now we'll be in a precarious situation if we don't beat Korea......."