I'd do it all over again - Queen Ramonda x Reader

Start from the beginning

She breathed in, "I was with the royal family this morning."

"For political reasons?"

"In a sense, yes. But not completely." She explained. You looked away from the view, looking directly at her.

She was nervous, her mouth twitching as a result. "The prince and I had our first official private meeting. It is going to be the first of many, Y/n."

You hadn't caught onto what she was trying to say yet, you head searching for answers but not finding any.

"I've been promised to him, Y/n." She said, finally making you frown in realisation.

"As in a forced marriage." You stated more than asked.

She shook her head, hesitating once more. "I have agreed to start courting him now, but in a few years, when we are a little bit older, we will marry. It's more arranged than forced."

Your eyes grew wide and your body became stiff and still as it all settled in. Your Ramonda was going to be the future Queen of Wakanda. That was amazing. But she would be married to T'Chaka. And she'd leave the River Tribe and join the Golden Tribe.

"Y/n. Do you have something to say?"

Now it was you who shook your head.

"I just told you that I am going to be marrying the future king in a few years. You have nothing to say to that."

"No."

Your eyes grew glossy, and all you could do was pray to Bast that she couldn't see your clear heartbreak. Wiping your nose from instinct, "No, I'm happy for you, Ramonda."

She scoffed, knowing how you only wiped your nose when you were lying, "It doesn't look like it."

You tried again. "No, really I am." You laughed through the pain. "I always knew you'd be the queen of something. Who knew it would be the whole country."

She was still sceptical, but her tone grew softer and she chopped your previous emotion to the shock pf it all.

"Should I start calling you, my queen?" You joked.

"Let's not rush into titles." She smiled.

◇□□□□□◇

You slammed the door shut, entering your home again in a frustrated and manic state. You weren't sure who was home, but it was late enough for you to presume that everyone was in bed already.

The tears from previously came up again, and your throat tightened. Out of all of the outcomes that you had predicted, another person blocking you from confessing your feelings had never even come into the equation. You felt completely blindsided.

What angered you was her keeping it secret for so long. If their supposed courting was arranged from a promise, then she must have known about it for at least 6 months, if not a year or two. Her family wouldn't hide something like that from her.

Clearly all of them were willing to lie to you though.

You were caught up in your love for a year and she had been lying to you the whole time. This wouldn't have even mattered had you not already fallen. But you had fallen. Hard.

Now she would eventually move far away from the River Village, all the way to the palace where you probably wouldn't be able to see her much without travelling a whole distance.

Every attempt to stop the tears only made them worse and before you knew it the sound of your breakdown was echoing throughout your house walls, holding the potential to wake anyone up. Footsteps echoed towards you and you cursed internally for the noise you had created.