I'd do it all over again - Queen Ramonda x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Molweni ekuseni, nonke (Good Morning, everyone)." You said happily as you entered the home, being graced with the presence of the entire family at the table except Ramonda.

"Molo, Y/n. (Hello, Y/n)." They all said in unison.

You put the basket down next to you, settling down next to them in your designated seat.

"Are those from your father?" Lumumba asked. Your nod confirmed her suspicions.

"Tell him thank you." She said, You nodded once again.

After a few minutes of silence, you asked. "Where's Ramonda?"

"She's out right now but she should be back before the afternoon. You can stay in her room while you wait." That was strange to you, because your best friend wasn't one to be out and about so early. You and her were more night owls than anything else.

You stood up and went into her room, sitting on her bed as you waited. It was her voice that woke you up. She shook you and you opened your eyes, smiling as you looked at her beautiful face.

"How long have you been here?" She asked.

"Since the late morning."

You looked at her in full focus now, and she was fully dressed up, like she had just come back from a special event. You looked her up and down a few times, then you made eye contact again.

She looked at herself for a moment, realising what you were looking at, "I'll explain later. Let's go."

And with that you both left her home.

The day was supposed to be fairly uneventful. You were going to your usual hideout in the mountains and stay up there until the night came.

The mountain had been where you went for since you were kids. When the two of you were around ten, you had run away together. Like most kids, you didn't last very long away before returning home, but you'd made it to the mountains that hid the real Wakanda from the world, just outside of Jabari Land.

For the 8 years following that, you had built and renovated a small house-like cave in one mountain and it had become your place together. It grew with you, your style and interests changing over the years. At the beginning, it was a cluttered mess of your toys and games; the walls decorated in posters on top of posters.

Now it was much more mature. There were two chairs that laid in the centre of the cave, while the natural hooks on the walls of the cave were used as shelves, storing the things you used regularly there. The walls were also a lot more bare. The placement of the chairs was perfect for looking out into the sky and land view, and that's what you did most of the time. It was a place where the two of you could escape.

The walk there this time was tense, your mutual silence being anything but comfortable. You could feel that Ramonda had something to tell you, and you were more sure than not that it had something to do with her earlier attire. But you didn't bring it up, choosing to take the rest of the voyage up the mountain in more silence.

When you reached the top and sat down, Ramonda let out a relieved sigh, sitting in your seat just to annoy you. Usually, you would have said something sparky about her doing so, but you were so caught up in your own thoughts about your pending confession that you just turned and took her seat with a smile.

The two of you remained quiet for some time. Ramonda fiddled with your fingers while you looked out into the sky, hoping for her to start the conversation.

"I need to tell you something." She finally declared.

"Okay."

She paused again. Hesitant to continue. You nodded your head, encouraging her to go on.