Ch 1 Slave of the World

Are you, truly what you are? Aren't you, just another slave of the world? Live to conquer, yet died amidst nothingness.

Lu Feng was once an aspiring young man. He lives to defy his fate; with tears being the largest expense of his journey. From scratch, he wove his destiny step by step with nothing but an unrealistic dream.

Truly, he was the black sheep of society.

However, the black sheep is a pitiful creature. Disdained by all, even by its own family. In the end, he got nothing but the story to tell.

***

The sky was cloudy that night, Lu Feng sat on top of a tree branch as he gazed at the sky. His hair fluttered as the wind passed by. His short stature was akin to an owl perched on a branch.

This was his second life, and he intends to make the most of it.

***

The dew was still moist, and the frost-covered pavement decorated the Lu Family's mansion. The cries of roosters just woke up the servants while the candles were finally burned out.

Lu Feng sneakily entered his room and began to clean it as usual. He wiped the dust off the wooden bed he slept on, changed the blanket, and neatly organized the pillow. After all, was done he took a short break, resting on a rattan chair placed near a dressing table.

Wondering what should he do for today, he unknowingly looked at the mirror which then reflected his face.

A boy, which looked fourteen or fifteen years old appeared in the mirror. His face was quite ordinary, but it held a certain quality that makes people want to trust him. His skin was light and there weren't any blemishes to be found. His hair was black with an asymmetrical cut that let one of his locks lopsided with the other.

Examining his face, Lu Feng smiled. This face is exactly what his younger days on earth looked like. The only distinction to be found was in his hair which he decided to cut unevenly as a tribute to the new life that just began.

He smiled, clenching his fist as he thought about the prospect of the future. The world where he lives currently wasn't the same as the previous one. In this world, cultivation existed and cultivators weren't extremely rare when compared to the majority population of ordinary people. Everyone could cultivate, and there was not that much of a requirement to step into.

The only distinction between those who were talented and those who weren't was the highest tier they could accomplish in cultivation. While it might prove to be a hindrance for those who wished to reach the top, it wasn't really that mattered to Lu Feng.

He didn't want to become a legendary figure who could topple a mountain and turn the ocean nor did he wants to become someone who had everything in the world.

The only thing that he wanted was to live a happy life. A life full of adventures and death with no regrets. He just want to do all that he wanted to. And becoming a cultivator was nothing but a path to accomplish his dream.

Cultivators were known for their lifespan which extended to eternity. In fact, their very reason to cultivate is to become immortal in the first place. Each stage completed means that their lifespan would increase exponentially. Even the very first stage completed was said to let them live up to 180 years.

For that reason, Lu Feng wanted to cultivate in order to prolong his time. As the saying goes in his previous world, "Time couldn't be bought no matter how wealthy you are," and Lu Feng needs more time to do as he wished.

"I think, 180 years of lifespan is just enough to enjoy life, " Lu Feng muttered to himself.

He stood up from his chair and said, "That's it then, today I would ask father about his plan to enroll me in the Eight-Leaves Sect. "