IX - Killer

River's POV

My fingers slide around the soft silken dress that has been laid out for me. With the thick card laying on top that say 'put me on'. I compile and slide the dress over my naked body.

It was smooth against my heated skin that sang at the soft material and the memories of last night. I'd been a naughty little wolf that was for sure. But it was time to be even more naughty.

The door pushes open as I drop the strap of the silk gown on shoulder. Standing at the door to my surprise is none other than Beau. His eyes are hurried, like he snuck into the room. He must have because Lancaster wasn't going to let him get in here that easily.

"What do you want?" I ask him cooly a note of anger playing in my voice. I didn't mind seeing him, although, he wasn't what I wanted to see last before I'm shoved in a room with Alpha Hendrix and a few other guards.

He walk towards me his speed surpassing mind as I try to avoid him. His fingers curl around my arm and the grips startlingly strong. My lips pull back as I snarl at him. "Unhand me Beau!" I say as I wrench my arm from his grip.

"What if he's stronger than you?" Beau ask me and I feel the snarl fade from my mouth. What did it matter if he was stronger than me? I wouldn't let him or the Alpha get in my way.

Moving forward I grab Beau's shoulder and drag him down towards my knee driving the wind out of him. Before I twist his arm behind his back. Pulling on it to show that I could break it whenever I felt like it.

"Do you understand? It doesn't matter who's stronger or bigger, it matter if you have the will power and the skill to kill. The strength comes laters, but it's the mind that needs to be the strongest. So don't worry if I'm captured or tortured into telling them information. I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut!" I scoff at him releasing his arm.

I feel his hand wrap around my leg as he drags me downwards, my hand shoot out to keep my face from slapping the cold tiled floor. I kick my leg but he catches it and I huff in frustration.

He turns me over and looks up at me, his hands still locked tightly around my ankles. What is he playing at? Does he not understand that my choice in killing Alpha Hendrix, doesn't come with options? Biting my lip I debate about knocking him out or just leaving him till Lancaster comes around to get me.

"Let go." I tell him cocking my head to look at him. To look into his eyes to search them for understanding. Understanding in the way that he looks at me as if I'm not the real owner of this body. Does he want Nike's to come back? Did he fall in love with that personality?

This anger that I feel slowly starts to consume my mind. He fell out of love with me and loved something that is but a single part of me. Does he understand what he's thinking.

My finger shift between human and wolf to stop somewhere in between half human and half wolf. I swipe at him, cutting long claw marks down the side of his cheek, watching the crimson blood flow out.

"I'll kill you, if you don't let go right now!" I almost scream at him. Feeling the power surge of anger run livid through me. He doesn't move to let go of my ankles and something inside of me snaps a little bit.

Raising my clawed hand I am about to strike him again, but this time deeper. Although, before I can make connection with Beau, a hand wraps tightly around my wrist, right where my human flesh shows.

"Stop. Calm down River." Turning around I see Lancaster his eyes are soft but commanding. Telling me that I shouldn't kill his brother, I feel my hand morph back to one of a human, some blood dripping from the tips of the fingers.

The blood falls to the floor besides me thankfully not landing on my white dress. I feel Lancaster mouth close around my fingers licking the blood off of them. Beau's hands have released my ankles.

I resist the urge to kick him. Lancaster drags me closer towards his chest. Turning I glare at him softly, really wanting to kill his brother.

"Beau! What the hell are you doing this?!" Lancaster growls sharply and I shiver at the power and just venom in his voice.

"Doing what should be done, keeping the real River alive, the kind thoughtful part of her alive!" He hiss back at Lancaster, I recoil further into Lancaster at his words. Something inside me squirming about inside pleased with the words spoken by Beau.

My fingers curling into a fist, I try to banish the thoughts and the noise of the thing inside. I wouldn't be controled by his words, I wouldn't! My teeth grind together as I fight the voice.

"River...River!" Someone is shaking my shoulders and I feel my eyes open. Even though I don't remember them closing in the least.

Lancaster was pressing a hand to my face and I smile up at him. Feeling oddly happy for some reason. But I wasn't about to complain, it felt better to be happy then annoyed. So who was I to complain about the transition.

"You just fainted for a second there." He mumbles under his breathe as he turns to look back Beau. I turn my head to see as well, he's got a concerned look on his face. I almost find that laughable. He didn't love me, yet he was concerned for me at the same time. How juxtaposed!

"No. I'm fine nothing to worry about." I say as I turn my away from Beau and push my body to a standing position, moving out of Lancaster arms, even though he seems a little hesitant.

They both have their eyes on me, rolling my eyes I turn looking at them. "Lancaster I don't have all day, I want to get this finished and be gone. The same goes for you Beau, get out while you can if you're not going to help us!" I sneer the last part at him. Feeling anger resentment and the coal of envy burn in my bones.

"You'll lose your shred of humanity." Beau tell darkly and I try not to punch him. I take a step forward but the tight hand that Lancaster has wrap around my upper arm stops me from doing it.

"Humanity? What would you know about humanity. You've killed just as many people as I have, if not more!" I snarl at him. "Don't lecture me about humanity." I say before shaking Lancaster's arm off and heading toward the door. Not bothering to cast a second look at Beau.

"Stay out of the way brother." I hear Lancaster warn before he pulls the door shut.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Lancaster asks me and I give a curt nod of my head. Not wanting to look at him in fear of changing my mind.

___________

A/N: Yay! An Update,

I hope you enjoy the story if you have any question do just ask.

Comment and Vote pretty please

Song at the top Lady Gaga - Teeth

(good song from ma'ma monster herself)