Chapter 2

REWIND: Serena ended up in the hospital after she was stood up by a guy she met, Austin. She just woke up from a coma. A guy named Felix shows up in her room. She is confused as to what happened to her and who he is. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was so confused. The doctor told me that Felix didn't know anything about my incident. So that means Felix literally just told me he lied to the doctors.

"I'm a vampire, aren't I?" I said to Felix.

"Not exactly." he said

NOT EXACTLY. NOT EXACTLY? Vampires only exist on TV. Like The Vampire Diaries or Twilight or something. This is insane. And gosh, he looks so mysterious.

"To answer your question, no you're not a vampire." he said

"So tell me what happened." I said

"If I tell you, how would I know I can trust you." he said

He ended up not telling me yet, since I was in the hospital. When the doctors told me I was ready to leave, he insisted on taking me out to lunch. After we finished, he walked me back to my place. While we were walking, he said he would tell me what happened. So, we went to a small park nearby and sat down on an empty bench.

"You were knocked out by a ghost hunter. His name is Hunter. Before he could take you, I came in because I know who he is. He's taken a lot of my family because he knows what we are. He wants to get rid of us because we..." he said

"Wait. Why did he want to take me?" I said with confusion

"Because he knows that it would make me feel guilty if someone gets hurt by him. I've spent almost all my life trying to save everyone. I never told anyone my story until now." he said

"What are you?" I said

"I'm pale. I dress in dark clothes. I wear a daylight ring. I think you can guess."

"Oh." I said speechlessly

After that, he explained to me that the only family he had left was his three brothers. They don't live in New York City. They all lived in separate places. Felix risked his life to live in New York City. He convinced Hunter that his brothers died so they would be safe. He finally toke me home. I was exhausted. I was mind blown when Felix told me his story. Obviously I thought he was lying.

"Bye Felix, I'll see you around." I said

He gave me his number in case anything happened to me.

"Bye Serena." he said as I closed the door.

"Dammit, I should have told her." whispered Felix as he was leaving my doorsteps.