prologue

-6 years ago-

me and my mom walked down the street after getting ice cream and we went the short way home when we saw this white van and she put me In front of her and told me to walk faster but we weren't fast enough when I started seeing men run toward us they injected us with something to make me feel loopy they put us in separate vehicle's and next thing I knew I was strapped to a chair the doctor started explaining how I was going to be amazing and powerful like his own personal weapon. He wanted to see if I could get these different powers so long story short yes my body took to all three powers he gave me which are to heal, to have control over electricity and to talk to animals but the last one wasn't supposed to be talking to animals but he screwed up the formula. after he knew my body took to all the powers he started training me and I didn't know what to do I just knew I needed to find my mom so I focused and absorbed all the power that I could get from the room then used it to get out once I was finally out I ran around trying to be as quiet as I could, when I found her she was laying on the floor blood dripping out of her mouth, ears and nose and she wasn't moving "god mom what did they do to you" she turns her head to me I can see the relief on her face when she realized that It was me "august I want you to promise me you will get out of here and stay safe I heard them talking about you, you are of great value to them don't let them find you"she says while holding my hand and crying "mom why are you saying this no look they said I have healing powers I can save you I promise" I'm crying so hard I can barely even see her I put my hand on her head but nothings happens I let out an aggravated huff then she reaches for my hand "no august they will come back soon, you have to go now please" but I don't listen and keep trying to save her "no come on I'm trying to help please stay with me" I sob as I speak but then I hear footsteps " look at me august I wish it wasn't going to end like this you're only 10 you deserve such a good life I love you never forget that now go you need to leave I'll be okay " she's lying she's about to die and all she cares about is taking care of me but I nod my head and say my last words to her " I love you to the moon and back mom " she closes her eyes and laughs as I said her favorite thing for us to say to each other I put my finger to her throat and found no pulse she was gone, I had to keep moving or I was going to get killed, the foot steps stopped "step away from your mother and put your hands up" I hear them say I still have my back turned I start focusing on the energy in the building and I can feel the electricity within my body the lights start flickering and then not even a second later the lights go out "hands up put them up now" I hear them yelling at me but I don't listen I turn around and use all the anger and sadness in my body and I push out all the power I had just absorbed I look around and now their all on the ground bleeding but I don't feel sorry for them they killed my mom and this was their punishment.