She does not want to come between him and his duties to the pack. She knows first hand better than anyone what happens if the Alpha of the pack is not strong enough to protect them.

Being someone's mate does not mean you have to be together, sometimes it means sacrificing your own happiness for your mate.

Your mate's happiness should always come before than your own. She will not let anyone point a finger at him because of her. She will not let him be the reason for his pack's downfall!

*******

Advin feels restless as he sits with his father and some of the guests that had arrived just so they can celebrate his return after all this time.

Once more, he looks around the room for the reason of his condition but finds none. He shifts on his seat again.

"What's up with you?" Lex whisper asks him seeing his friend fidgeting in his chair for quiet some time.

Advin clenches his jaw tightly as he feels his wolf claws to coming out as well his wolf trying to get free and take control of his human side so the wolf can start his hunt for his mate.

"Nothing just a bit tired from the trip!" he grits out.

He wolf howls when the door is opened and a fresh scent hits him like tons of brick "Mate!" his wolf howls

"Damn" Advin curses his wolf for loosing control like this with only a whiff of her scent. He has no idea what will happen if she comes in front of him! The wolf huffs as he grumbles and barks at him once before sitting quietly and giving Advin full control over his body.

Thanking his luck Advin gets up from his seat with some excuse and goes to the balcony for some much needed fresh air and takes deep breathe. He feels better as the cool air hits his face.

"What's up with you?" Lex asks as he too comes join to him.

All night Lex had kept an eye on his friend as he had been sensing Advin's restlessness and when he left the room Lex had made some excuse to come seek his friend who had a far away look.

Advin turns to look at his friend who has been with him all his life. They have been through tough and rough times; they have seen each other's downfalls, good and bad sides. Still for some reason he could not get enough courage to tell his friend one thing that means a lot to him, that he found his mate.

It some how feels wrong to tell anyone about it before telling her. He feels that the least he could do is confess to her before anyone else. He wants to give her that much credit before anyone else knows but he does not know if he can do it.

"Nothing, it's just...everything is overwhelming after so long. This attention and stuff is kind of getting on my nerves!" he chuckles trying to get Lex off his back as he watches Ad intently.

"Yap, can feel the pain bro totally!" Lex winks knowing that if his friend wants to talk about something he will when he wants to.

They both stand quietly with their own thoughts until Adrian joins them as well.

"Hey, now I didn't throw this party just so you two can hide here!" he states patting both boy's back.

They both smile at him before taking a deep breath and getting in before everyone starts to fill the balcony. As soon as they enter the room, once again Scar beams at her son and Lex as hugs them.

"Where were you two?" she asks looking from one to another before she hears Adrian

"Found them hiding away but they both forgot we are wolves and this is their welcome party!" Adrian teases making them laugh.