Appreciatively, Xavier runs his eyes over her figure. "You clean up real pretty, Meg."

She blushes, and he turns to open the door, sliding his key card in and gesturing for her to enter first. The smell of fresh coffee permeates the room, and Xavier is touched at her thoughtfulness. When she serves him a cup of black liquid gold, he breathes in the scent and thanks her in his most polite voice. Just before reaching for a muffin, Xavier swears to himself that he will rave over this damn muffin even if it tastes like sawdust.

His first bite, though, makes his mouth water for more. "Yummmmmm," he purrs, and Meg's face lights up. He makes a mental note to compliment her more often if it means he gets to see that look on her face.

Just then Olivia bustles in, "Let's go over the schedule," she says, not appearing to notice the coffee or the muffins or the way the two move away from each other guiltily.

Olivia slides onto the sofa between Xavier and Meg, seemingly oblivious to the tension in the room. "Now," she starts, looking at the paper in front of her hand, "I've prepared a response in case anyone asks about this weekend."

Hurriedly, Xavier glances across Olivia's lap at Meg who is pretending not to listen in.

"We don't have time for this, Xavier. Meg already knows. And before you ask, I didn't tell her. She read it on some fan site. Now we need to make sure you know how to answer the questions that are going to be asked if the reporters also follow fan sites, and it's a good bet they do. So look over this statement please."

Xavier's head is swiveling between Olivia and Meg. His face flushes red, and Olivia can't tell if he is angry or embarrassed. Finally, he swallows before looking at his publicist.

"O, would you excuse us for a moment? I'd like to talk to Meg alone," his voice brooks no argument, and despite her business-like demeanor, Olivia is proud of him. He didn't yell or throw a fit, and he politely asked for time.

With a glance at Meg who nods, Olivia stands up and steps over Meg's legs. She starts to head into the hall, grabbing a blueberry muffin to take with her.

Xavier twists his hands in his lap for a moment after the door closes behind his publicist before wiping his palms on his pants' legs and standing up to pace the small space in front of the coffee table.

"Did you, uh, know when you came over last night?" It makes sense to him now.  The food was pity food, her feeling sorry for him. 

Meg nods, unable to look at him, horrified that he has found out she knew all along.

"I'm...." he takes a breath, sliding his hands into his pockets, "I'm sorry you had to read about it on a fan site, Meg. It's just that....I, uh. I didn't want you to know," and without taking a breath, he barrels on. "And there weren't any charges pressed or anything, so it's not like it's a big deal really."

Standing up, her fists clenched, Meg interrupts whatever he was going to say next. "Not a big deal!" she screeches, "NOT A BIG DEAL!"

Xavier holds up his hands to try to quiet her, but she's not backing down or lowering her voice, "It's a HUGE deal, Xavier! You got arrested! For being not only drunk, but disorderly. Did you really try to take a swing at someone?"

Ashamed, Xavier looks down at the carpet. "No, Xavier. Look at me and tell me the truth! Did you try to hit someone?" his personal assistant demands.

"Um," he shuffles his feet in his mortification, "No. I mean, I didn't TRY to hit someone. Apparently I did, uh, you know, uh, actually punch someone."

Meg gasps, covering her mouth with her hand in her shock, "Xavier! No!"

Pleadingly, he takes a step towards her, his hands held out in a placating manner, "I'm sorry, Meg. Really. I am so sorry. It's just that....." He looks at her standing in front of him, her horror at his actions so clear.