The beginning

We resurfaced a few hours later and I got dressed as Ronan was making me a cup of tea. I wandered into the kitchen to find him staring out of the window.

I had to tell him that I was going. I couldn't just leave, it wouldn't be right. But I was afraid if I stayed any longer than I would ask him if we were more than a one night thing, and I wasn't sure I wanted to stick around for his answer.

I couldn't believe I was even thinking it myself after recent events, but something told me I didn't want to let Mr. Keating go.

"Ronan, I think.."

"Thank you so much for last night, and this morning" he raised his eyebrow at me and I smiled. "But I think I should maybe go.."

He held out his arms to me and I stepped in for him to give me hug. He pulled away and put me at arms length and looked at me carefully before speaking.

"Jane, forgive me if I'm being forward" 

Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow at him. "I know we've done this all backwards" 

He paused, "and I know that you've just had your heart broken, but I..."

He seemed to be struggling, so I nodded, encouraging him to continue.

"Well, they say you shouldn't sleep with somebody on a first date"

"But, we haven't had a first date yet" he smiled at me. "How do you say we sort that out?" 

"Maybe I can help you fix your broken heart" he added softly.

"Are you asking me out Mr. Keating?"

"I certainly am"

"I'd be delighted" I said, and my heart skipped a beat as he kissed me.