CHAPTER 1

Beast Boy's POV
My eyes felt heavy, i heard distant sounds around me.
Light was kicking my eyes, forcing them to open and they finally did.

As i open my eyes slowly, i slowly looked around as much as i could. My eyes were still getting used to the bright light.

I don't where am i? Maybe hospital, it has the disantifectic smell which i hate.
I'm laying on the bed attached to some machines.
Someone stood right next to me, a doctor, he snapped his fingers close to my ears and i looked to the side to see what is he doing.

"It seems he is responsive." The doctor said.

"Thank god. Is he okay?" The guy next to him asked. Wait is that Robin? He came to see me, of course he did, he is our leader after all.

"He is." Robin quickly hugged me.
"You're okay, i can't believe you're okay." Robin says to me while crying.

He is crying over me?
Why does he care so much?

"H-how..w-what happened?" I asked but my voice sounded so deep and dry since i feel dehydrated.

"You were walking down the stairs, going out to buy something i guess, as you were going down, you saw a kid arguing with some other kids, they pushed him but you catched him before he has fallen downstairs and you hit your head." Robin explained as he caressed my cheek and then my head.

"Ahh i see." Why is he so close to me?

"Your stupid brave ass needed to save that kid, why are you so selfless?" He asked me with a dry laugh.
He looked at doctor then. "When can he go home?"

"He can go tomorrow since we tested everything we needed to do and he is okay."

"That is great news. We're going home." Robin says the last sentence to me.

"You can sleep over tonight if you wanna stay next to him." Doctor suggested.

"Of course i want to and thank you." He says. The doctor nodded his head and gave us some time alone while he went to get something for me to eat.

"Do you have any idea how worried i was when i heard you are in the hospital?!" He suddenly said.

"What could've happened if i was on a trip and i wasn't here for you? Maybe i should have gone out to buy whatever you went to buy. Why did this happened?" He continued.

"Robin I'm so confused, why would you worry if you weren't here? Nothing big happened as you explained." I replied.

He looked at me wide eyed.

"What did you just call me?" He asks.

"Robin?" I look at him questioningly.

"You don't call me that ever since.." suddenly Robin's eyes had gone wider and he ran out of the room.

I looked confused at him but he came back in minute, doctor with him.

"Does he has..." He stopped for moment, making a big gulp.

"A memory loss?" Why would he think that? I remember who i am, what happened, i know who Robin is.

Doctor looked at me and then back at Robin.

"We weren't sure if he would have it, there was 50/50 percent chance that would happen. By what you have said, i think he does, but not fully, only recent events were forgotten." He explained.

Robin turned to me alarmed.
"What is the last interaction you remember, you have with me?"

"I was out, saving people like i usually do, but you yelled at me for being reckless. You were kinda rude to me so i don't understand why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?" I asked confused and honestly scared by his change of attitude.

"What exactly did you do, for me to call you reckless and yelled at you. When was i rude?" He again asked but more scared this time.

"Um about how i can't go behind some guys and knock them out. You are always rude to me, you don't care about how i love to play video games with Cyborg, always telling us to stop playing games, you always tell me how i don't know how to fight."

Robin's eyes didn't change, it still showed how scared and how shocked he is.

"Oh my god. That was years ago. Maybe like 3 to 4 years ago." He suddenly says.

"What? Just yesterday i remember you shouting at me for being so bad at fighting." I tried to defend my statement.

"BB, listen to me, that was years ago."

"What, no, that isn't possible!" I asked alarmed and kinda getting scared now.

Robin looked at doctor for help.

"May i talk with Beast Boy alone?" Doctor asked him and he just nodded.
Robin left the room.
The doctor explained how i did have memory loss and i couldn't believe it that was actually true.

"How will i recover them?" I ask.

"If you spend time with Robin, I'm sure you will recover them quickly, don't force it, they may not come soon but with time they will." He smiled at me with reassurance.

"Okay, thank you." As i thanked him, the nurse just came in with food.

"I will leave so you can eat now in peace." He nods his head and leaves.
Robin then came inside.

He sat down next to me.

"So you don't remember our precious memories, only how i was mean to you before?" He asks. I looked at him and i think he started crying.

"I'm sorry i don't."
He sighed. He put his head in his hands and tried to gather himself up a bit.

"Let me catch you up what happened. According to your memories, you missed 4 years of it. We're still heroes, this hospital is just for heroes since there are new ones so we are not that busy anymore. We have loads of friends. Yes we're still a team but we don't live together anymore. Starfire and Raven are together for 3 years now, i think, and they live together. Cyborg isn't dating anyone at the moment. We're married and you live with me. Lastly we discussed about getting a dog since you love dogs so much but then we thought maybe adopting a kid since we both want to be parents. That's pretty much all in short."

I was shocked at what i have heard.

"We're married?!" I yelled.

"Yes, we are. I realised you don't remember something because ever since we got together, you called me Dick, by my real name and you never called me Robin ever since, only in public though. And i always call you Garfield or Gar." He laughs at the nickname.

"So we're married?" I asked again.

"Out of all the things you're still asking that, yes we are." He says with dry laugh that dies quickly and he got sad.

"I don't believe you." I said.

-
Hey guys.
Welcome to my new BBROB fanfic, hope you enjoy it!
Bug out😜💖