⇢ ˗ˏˋ One ࿐ྂ

Start from the beginning

"Ah, you're both awake. I'm glad." I smile, turning back to the food making sure it wouldn't boil over.

"Who are you?!" The raven-haired boy yells while stepping towards my general direction.

"I'm Y/n! What about you two?"

"Get away from Yvette." He warns me as he stalks closer towards me. Raising an eyebrow at his attitude, I ask him:

"Why?"

"Ray, leave them alone." The orange-haired girl tells him in a warning tone.

"Oh so your name is Ray? It's nice for someone who has a temper like yours." After me saying this, he makes a somewhat of an offended sound.

"Huh?! I do not have a temper!" He exclaims, making fists with his hands as if he is about to throw a punch.

"Mhm, sure you don't. Jokes aside, Ray is a very beautiful name." I state while pouring some soup for the rest of the kids.

"I'm sorry for him," The orange-haired girl apologizes with a weary smile on her face. "He's a bit on edge."

"Don't worry about it!" I hold out a cup of soup for her. "Eat up, you must be hungry."

"Oh, thank you! I was getting a bit hungry, hehe." She chuckles, taking the cup of soup while sitting down next to Gilda.

"Aren't you going to come eat?" I ask Ray as he shoots me a cold glare, making me sigh. "If you're thinking it's poisoned then your siblings would be dying right now." I reassure as I shove a cup of soup into his hands, making sure nothing spilled in the process.

"Hey! What if some of that had spilled?!"

"Well nothing did spill, so you're fine." I smile at him and head over to Sonju and Mujika to discuss what to do next.

"What do we do with them? I don't think they're going to survive long out there." I whisper as I stand by them.

"We can teach them skills they need to survive." Mujika suggests. "I don't think we can teach them everything though."

"What, like archery? Or how to use a spear?"

"That would be a good start." Sonju nods at our suggestions.

"I have a bad aim so you're in charge of archery, Sonju." I state, crossing my arms.

"I don't mind. You can teach them how to use a spear."

"So far the only people I can teach it to are; Ray, the orange-haired girl, or Don. I'm not sure about the rest of them."

"I don't think the rest of them would be able to hold one. It'd probably be five times their height. Also the orange girl's name is Emma."

"Ok thanks."

After all of the siblings finish their dinner, Thoma and Lannion suddenly come up to me, asking where I came from, why my outfit is weird, and how I met Sonju and Mujika. I chuckle, putting a finger to my lips in a "shush" motion.

"That's a secret for now."

"Aww, come on pleaseee??" They plead in unison, making puppy eyes at me. Shaking my head, I turn away, unaffected, joining Sonju in where he is training the others.

"I think they should rest, Sonju. We can always train them in the morning. They were running around a lot so they must be exhausted." I tell him. Hearing some of the kids murmur in agreement, I give a pointed glance at him.

"Fine, we'll pick this up in the morning. For now, go get some rest," He commands. "You can sleep in the tunnels." The kids nod and start to head back to the main area to collect their sleeping bags. Sonju and I follow in close pursuit. I notice Ray walking close to me looking like he has something to say.

"Ray? Are you ok? " I ask him, a bit concerned if Sonju was too harsh in training.

"Ugh, I'm fine. It's just..." He trails off and looks away from me.

"Just what?"

"I'm sorry, I guess, for being rude, or whatever, to you." Ray grumbles reluctantly whilst kicking a loose pebble on the floor.

"It's fine, I get it. You see your siblings around strangers that could possibly hurt them. It makes sense why you would be so protective." I say, patting his shoulder, giving him a smile.

"Mhm ok..."

We reach the main area and Ray grabs his sleeping bag, following his siblings into the tunnels. Sonju lights a fire under the pot to heat up the leftover soup for himself.

"Are you going to sleep, Y/n?" Sonju asks me. It sounds more like he's stating that I should go to sleep instead of staying up.

"Yeah, I'll head to my room now. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."