playing house

Risa's office is in Pasay, so everyday, she's near IKEA. Every after work hours, she would drop by the world famous Swedish home furnishing establishment. Sometimes, she would just go there to buy her favorite meatball meal or there are times when Sinta would ask her mom if she could accompany her since it's almost a 15 minute ride from her office whenever she needed some tools for her pottery hobby.

This time, Risa took Leni to IKEA as she wanted her to pick some kitchen items for her. Between the two of them, Leni has an eye for good kinds of items to buy. She knows if an item is worth it to buy or if it would be easily broken.

They were in the living room showroom area when Risa suddenly playfully sat down on the couch and put her feet at the coffee table in front of it, as if it was her actual place, "Home sweet home."

Leni knew what Risa was doing, so instead of scolding her to act like a normal person that she is, she played along with Risa. She slowly sat down beside her and put down her bag on the floor, "Our place really is lovely, isn't it?"

Risa turned her head to Leni, "Of course naman."

Leni then reached for the tv remote on the table, "Oh, may bagong episode na pala nung favorite nating tv show." she says as she acted like the television in front of them would really turn on.

"Hala, 'Sa.. Sira na ata 'yung TV natin?"

"Oh.. Well, hayaan mo muna. I'm hungry, let's eat!" said Risa and stood up from the couch and proceeded to go to the kitchen showroom. Leni followed suit.

"Hmmm. Smells delicious!" Risa says, still in character. She was now holding a spoon and fork, looking at Leni who was also still in character, acting like she cooked something and getting it from the oven.

Leni puts down the imaginary food that she cooked on Risa's plate, "Of course! It's delicious. Ako gumawa n'yan."

"Hmm.. Steak!"

"Mhm.. Your favorite." said Leni, turning on the display faucet. And of course, nothing happened. Leni props both of her hands on her waist as if she was about to complain and turns back to Risa, "'Ga, pati 'yung gripo natin sira ata."

Risa giggled. She was surprised how Leni was playing along with her antics.

She stood up, "Okay lang 'yan mahal.." Risa trailed off. "That's why we bought a home with two kitchens." She said as she ran towards the other kitchen showroom. Leni followed her, "You're so smart, darling. Pero.."

"I'll race you to the bedroom." said Leni as she playfully runs to the bedroom showroom. Risa laughed.

They both ran to the bedroom showroom until Risa threw herself on the bed and Leni followed, now on top of her.

Their faces were inches away from each other when Leni suddenly says, "Darling, I don't know how to tell you this but.."

"Nasa bathroom natin sina Rona," Leni then gazed at her staff, all giggling and Risa slowly turned her head to look at them.

Rona, Aica and together with Risa's staff were all looking at their bosses.

Rona coughed, "Ma'am.. Magsasara na daw po 'yung Ikea. Wala pa kayong nabibili. Ang akin lang naman po, mamaya niyo na po ituloy 'yan ni Sen."

Leni and Risa let out a loud laugh.