Chapter 14

Author's Note: Sorry if this chapter isn't as good as the others... it was literally a last minute chapter. I think it's still good, but I think I'm a little biased ;) Either way, I still want to know what you think of it! You're opinions mean the world to me, and your kind words inspire me to write more and more each day! --Ekat =D

---

Hannah’s P.O.V.

            Ugh; why is it when things finally start heading in the right direction, something has to come out of left-field, and fuck it all up? It was bitter-sweet with Liam now knowing mine and Niall’s deepest secret. It was a sweet moment because I was finally able to get all of those hidden feelings off my chest. At the same time, I know how my brother is going to react to this. No matter what he says, there is no way in hell that he’s just going to sit back and not watch over me. This in itself is like a coin toss. On one side, it makes me feel loved. To know that Liam will always be there to protect me, it makes me feel safe. On the flip side of the coin, that means that my brother is going to be breathing down my neck, questioning everything I do. Now I know that this sounds awful, but I’m glad that I have Niall, because he’s going through the same thing. To me, that takes some of the attention away. It’s obvious from being around these boys the last few days that they’re most protective of Niall. Hopefully, that takes some of the heat off of me, and gives it to Niall. Share the love as they say, right?

            So now that my brother and I are finally open again, and we are able to have that understanding of each other that we used to, you would think things would be nice and easy. Yeah, what a joke that is. It was only when I heard a girl scream downstairs that I realized what was going on. Danielle wasn’t in the room with us, and neither was Aaron. Oh hell no! I’ve come to terms with what has happened to me, but there is no way in hell an amazing girl like Dani deserves to go through what I went through. In a matter of seconds, the boys and I all rushed through Niall’s bedroom door, and basically flew down the stairs. The sight in front of me was absolutely disgusting.

            Aaron had Dani pinned against the wall, and was restraining her hands above her head with one of his hands, while trying to cover her mouth with his other hand. Fury doesn’t even begin to explain what I was seeing. When we were younger, Liam didn’t have many girlfriends. But the few that he did have, he loved very much, and would do anything for them. The thing with Liam is, is that he wears is heart on his sleeve, and it’s very easy to read what he’s feeling at any moment. So as I watched Liam, I felt like I was watching a nature show on the Discovery Channel, just waiting for the lion attack, and mutilate the target. In a matter of seconds, Liam pounced on Aaron, and dragged him to the ground. They rolled around on the floor for a few minutes, leaving the boys frozen in place. I on the other hand made my way across the room over to Dani. She looked a little shaken up, and for some reason, she felt like a sister to me. I don’t know what it is with this group of people, but I feel strongly connected to them. Usually it takes years to earn my trust, but these people did it in a matter of days. Hell, Dani did it in twenty minutes.

            Finally Zayn snapped out of his trance, and whipped his phone out to call the authorities. When he hung up the phone, he tried to approach the whole Liam and Aaron fight, but even I knew it was pointless. Both Liam and Aaron were very muscular, so this could go either way. I did feel a smile creep onto my face when Liam lifted Aaron off of the floor, and slam him against the wall, holding him in place by launching his hand around his throat. Yeah, that’s one thing you should know about Liam; don’t piss him off, because he could crush you like a twig.

            Minutes later, the authorities showed up, and it literally took both officers of the law to separate the two brawlers. In my heart, I really wanted to see Liam snap his neck, while my head wanted the violence to stop. Seeing as how you’re supposed to follow your heart over your head, I think most people would think about the situation the other way around, but I’m not most people. Yep, I am definitely not most people.