The secret of the Woodville Family

If I had known that this one inconspicuous mistake made a year ago would determine my fate, I would never have shaken his hand. During the flight that lasts less than a second, afterimages of today flash before my eyes, painfully interrupted by a hundred piercing through my, razor-sharp demon teeth. But back to the beginning of today...

🥀 🥀 🥀

- It is here? Asked a brunette with shoulder-length hair, which hung in the air for a short moment without an answer.
- That's what the GPS shows. - I replied as I opened the door of my old black BMW and stepped outside. - Before you go outside, take Amanda's sunglasses with you.
As she got out of the car, I saw a woman in a pale blue spring dress that reached down to mid-thigh, exposing her long, slender legs, against the backdrop of an old mansion straight out of a nineteenth-century horror novel. Although at first glance its glory years were behind it, it was not in such a bad condition. Amanda put on black Ray-Bans and walked towards the red brick mansion with a dark gray roof, from which several single tiles fell off, decorated with single and symmetrically slender turrets. Without a word, I followed her and pushed open the rusty old gate, which creaked sadly in response. After crossing it, I felt an aura of horror emanating from this place, which after a moment, lasting a fraction of a second, gave me an icy shiver running down my spine.
-Hurry up, They're already waiting for us - Amanda announced, urging me on.
- We still have time until 16:30.- I said looking at my phone screen.
We walked for a while along the winding, cobbled alleys. Even though this historic property has not been maintained for years and slowly fell into disrepair, disfiguring the area with its view and scaring away potential tourists, giving the mayor sleepless nights. The gardens surrounding the property were always well-kept, creating a pedantic contrast. Apart from local youth who wanted to drink and smoke in their spare time, no one came here, so numerous speculations and urban legends arose around this garden to scare younger kids, thus giving it a dark and impenetrable aura of mystery.
I was pulled out of my thoughts about this property by a short blonde girl in a black skirt and a pink T-shirt with a unicorn named Iza, who hung around my neck with a childish smile on her face.
- Ohayo brother - She said with characteristic joy in her voice.
Before I could say anything, Amanda cut in.
- Don't even try to get close to me. - She said in a warning and sharp tone, turning to Iza. Do not look at me with puppy dog ​​eyes, because I'm not going to agree to that anyway.
Iza was the opposite of Amanda. Amanda was cool, reserved with showing emotions, even eternally composed, yet very feminine. But Iza was a type of younger cousin. Eternally cheerful and cheerful, she was an eternal, hyperactive volcano of joy. She was the biggest Yaoi anime fan I've ever met in my entire life. Because of her lifestyle, I treated her as the mascot of our pack.
- Where's Jeremy? - I asked, scanning the area.
- He's on the terrace drinking wine. He insisted we have enough for the summer, and he will not languish waiting for you in this heat. - She replied and walked in that direction.
- It's so typical of him, he'll always find an opportunity to drink wine. - Amanda replied with a sneer in her voice. - If it's not alcoholism then I'm a saint!
A minute after she said it, she was greeting our "French Sommelier" with a friendly handshake, with Jeremy leaning forward theatrically kissing her hand as was his habit.
We met Jeremy about a year ago when he joined our class. He immediately caught our chestnut-haired, elegant painter's eye. She was with him for about half a year, which was one reason we accepted him into our pack. They broke up, mostly because Jeremy loved French red wine more than Amanda. From this fact, his nickname "French Sommelier" was born.
- Hello, Anthony. - I heard a greeting followed by sour red wine breath.
- Hi. - I replied, shaking his hand, unmoved. After spending almost every day in his company for the past year, I've gotten used to the sour smell. - What are you drinking?
- Ribera Del Duero Tempranillo red wine 2015. - He announced with a twinkle in his eye. Wine and all things related to it were his favorite topic of conversation. - Six years lay in my cellar, waiting for it to mature. Finally, today it's ready. Of course, by the fact that it had been in the cellar for so long, the wine needed to be decanted, but it is anyway...
- Sounds interesting. - I said cutting him off mid-sentence. I knew it would never end. - You'll have to show me how to decant wine someday.
- Now let's drink because you're not the only one, Jeremy, withering. Amanda interjected.
In response, I gave her a fleeting glance full of gratitude.