1. The final

We'd made it, the final game of the season and if we win today we'd end our trophy drought. We were away to Man City and sitting at the top of the table with Chelsea. All we had to do was win and it'd be ours...

73 minutes in and City had the ball, they were closing in on our defence when Rafaelle won the ball back. Passing it across the back line to Isla's feet, looking up before making a pass she realises everyone is being heavily marked so she makes the run. It wasn't unusual for the captain to be found further down the pitch than her position at the back. She'd started off her career up front. She'd even been top goal scorer for her country and her team. That was until she'd ruptured her ACL 5 years ago. It was a tough recovery and when she eventually returned to the game she moved into the midfield, eventually moving to the back and that's where we see her now.

Because of her previous positions she took it in her stride switching roles during games. Often making the run further up the pitch to pass to one of the strikers or sometimes taking the shot herself. There's a reason she was the go to for penalties, there was no one with a better penalty record in the league.

She could feel someone behind her so she sped up before making the pass to Mead. The ball left her foot and the next thing she knew she was face down on the grass. The noise around her was muffled but she could faintly hear the ref's whistle. Clutching her knee, as the tears started. The pain was unmistakable, right knee. Same place as before. It can't be happening again.

She knew she wouldn't be able to get up but that didn't stop her trying as the team huddled around. There was a hand on her shoulder, voices speaking but too many to make out what was being said. As the physios rushed on to the pitch the team kept guard of their captain, wanting to protect her privacy.

This was not how this game was meant to end. Here she was, the captain, being stretchered off the pitch. Covering her face with her top so the crowd couldn't see the tears. 'Thank god I work
out' was all she thought, knowing her abs would be on show to the entire stadium. Typical Isla humour.

Lying in the medical room she found out the game ended 1-0 to city. And so the season ended for Isla with no trophy, no boyfriend and the prospect of the longest summer ever in rehab with another knee injury. At least it wasn't her ACL again though.