The rest of your shift at the bar, you run on autopilot.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Two days pass by slowly, like sap dripping from a tree. Finally the time had come to take off for Shikoku Island. Keigo was coming with you, of course. You shared with him what Aizawa had uncovered for you. He wouldn't allow you to go through what had a lot of emotional weight to it alone. He took you into a warm embrace and kissed your forehead, reminding you that he was never leaving your side again.

Yoshio was less than happy when he caught you packing a suitcase to leave. He jumped inside of it in an attempt to stop your actions. You proceeded to set out your chosen outfits around him instead, which he decided to bodyslam and fight like it was his natural-born enemy. Eventually you had to coerce him with a deep conversation and lots of snuggles before he decided to leave you be. You promised him and Momo that you would only be gone for three days compared to your unplanned two week vanishing act. He was still less than satisfied, but hopefully as understanding as a cat could be.

Keigo did his best to fill the empty ambiance of the travel time to Shikoku with random conversations. Sometimes he would ask you about random things, like what were some of your memories from U.A.? Or he'd ask you what gender you thought the baby was going to be. You said you weren't sure. When you asked him if he wanted a son or a daughter more, he said he wanted a son first, and then a daughter so he could take care of her. You laughed and said if that happened he would probably bully her. Keigo said he wouldn't allow it.

Shikoku Island was the smallest of four making up the nation of Japan. It was only 225 kilometers long, and most of its locals lived in the North. The South was a mountainous region with much less population. That's where your Grandmother lived. Due to her sickness at her elderly age, she had been transferred from a small emergency clinic on the southern side up to the North, where a major hospital was key for her care. The ferry ride to Shikoku Island was only a few hours long. The ocean was calm and blue, not a cloud in the sky to hide the warm spring sun from your skin.

It felt amazing, being out on the open water like this. It almost made you forget about what was happening back on Honshu. The feeling was only temporary though, as it dissipated once you reached the island. Instead of returning to that empty sense of numbness, you found yourself in awe instead. You found it beautiful. The inner bay was lucious with flora, the beach warm with azure blue tides rolling onto the golden shores. The ferry signaled its arrival into port with a deep bellow from its horn. You and Keigo had spent a majority of the ride outside, wanting to enjoy every bit of the sea breeze that you could. You were more than thankful that you didn't get sea sick with your pregnancy.

After departing from the ferry terminal, you were surprised to learn that your hotel wasn't too far away from the hospital your Grandmother was at. While you had been distracted by your tumultuous thoughts and mindset, your husband had been planning ahead. You made a mental note to thank him for the amount of time and care he put into this last-minute trip for you. He just made the overall picture more tolerable to bear. If it hadn't been for him you probably would've been somewhere you couldn't imagine.

Not once did he let go of your hand since the two of you stepped foot onto Shikoku. Not unless he absolutely had to, of course. He opened every door and spoke to everybody before you felt like you needed to. That gives you the perfect opportunity to lose yourself in your surroundings. When you climbed into the taxi he had called earlier, you felt his thumb run across the back of your hand after you rested your forehead against the window.

What was Touya's life like, growing up on this island?

Forty-five minutes passed before you reached the hotel the two of you would be staying at. It was in the next town over. After depositing your bags in the suite Keigo had reserved, the walk to the hospital felt apprehensive. The winged hero beside you was blabbering about something with his fingers interlaced with yours. While you were thankful for his attempt at being optimistic, it didn't silence your thoughts. You had so many questions. Would you be able to get the answers you desired?